SpotCollector

eddy on5jk

Dave i noticed a small inconvenient in my SC.

When i activated "Show Spots of <Callsign> near <QRG>  in SSB " the apropriate window apears on top, showing a bunch of former spots.

Usually in the past it was possible to write a reference or so in the "Notes" box of a possible outgoing spot, still showing the window <Show Spots> thus able to copy an earlier given reference.

Now, when i have the <Show Spots...> visible, and i move the cursor and click in the box for the "notes for outgoing spots"

the moment i click the window "Show Spots" dissapears. It is no longer "on top", but hidden by the SC-window.

So i am not able to copy data from it, in order to generate a new spot with correct references.

I use to do this, to correct after false "notes" are sent by another OM. (everybody makes mistakes).

Is it a setting that changed on my PC ?

Thanks for great support.

Eddy ON5JK

Dave i noticed a small inconvenient in my SC.

When i activated "Show Spots of <Callsign> near <QRG> in SSB " the apropriate window apears on top, showing a bunch of former spots.

Usually in the past it was possible to write a reference or so in the "Notes" box of a possible outgoing spot, still showing the window <Show
Spots> thus able to copy an earlier given reference.

Now, when i have the <Show Spots...> visible, and i move the cursor and
click in the box for the "notes for outgoing spots"

the moment i click the window "Show Spots" dissapears. It is no longer
"on top", but hidden by the SC-window.

+ That's correct behavior, Eddy: when you click on a window, it becomes active, and obscures any parts of windows behind it that do not have their "always on top" properties enabled. The "Spots of ..." window has never had its "always on top" property enabled; DXLab applications only enable a window's "always on top" property if that window displays information that the user must immediately see.

So i am not able to copy data from it, in order to generate a new spot with correct references.

+ Position the "Spots of..." window so that it is not behind SpotCollector's Main window.

eddy on5jk

Evidently, that will solve my problem Dave. I should have known!

But still, in the past the <Show Spots>-window stayed as a "part of.." SC-window.

I always was able to copy correct info from that "Show Spots" part right to the Notes box of an outgoing spot.

But i'll handle the (evident) solution you proposed.

Eddy ON5JK

+ AA6YQ comments below