Topics

SpotColector SQL Time ?

Mike Rhodes

Be careful - I now know just enough to be dangerous and will probably hurt myself soon. Backups are certainly my friend !!

Thanks,
Mike / W8DN

Mike Rhodes

Well, after trying different things for about half an hour before sending this message - yep, you guessed it. As soon as I sent the message I stumbled into the problem. Don't know why it didn't flag a syntax error but I needed to add some parenthesis and things seem to be working as expected now. I think SQL hates me !! Again, sorry for the bother (and mailbox clutter).

Mike / W8DN

On 7/4/2020 1:55 PM, Mike Rhodes via groups.io wrote:
Be careful - I now know just enough to be dangerous and will probably hurt myself soon. Backups are certainly my friend !!

Thanks,
Mike / W8DN

Dave AA6YQ

Be careful - I now know just enough to be dangerous and will probably hurt myself soon. Backups are certainly my friend !!

+ Filtering SpotCollector's Spot Database Display or DXKeeper's Log Page Display are both non-destructive operations that can simply be reversed by removing all filtering.

Well, after trying different things for about half an hour before sending this message - yep, you guessed it. As soon as I sent the message I stumbled into the problem. Don't know why it didn't flag a syntax error but I needed to add some parenthesis and things seem to be working as expected now. I think SQL hates me !! Again, sorry for the bother (and mailbox clutter).

+ Parentheses are cheap. Always use them to specify your desired "order of operations", and you won't be surprised when SQL misinterprets your unspecified expectations.