Topics

SpotColector SQL Time ?

Mike Rhodes

Be careful - I now know just enough to be dangerous and will probably hurt myself soon. Backups are certainly my friend !!

Still playing with SQL and am wanting to trim the spots shown after filtering to just those one hour old from the present clock time. However, when I run my SQL filter, it overrides the age setting. I have tried '<agefilter>' but that does not appear to be effective. It does not throw an error but also does not trim to the last 60 minutes either (which is what I have the age filter set to). I thought maybe the <x> brackets was the problem but get an error if I replace with parenthesis. Do I need to specify a variable for <agefilter> or am I completely in the wrong ballpark ?

Thanks,
Mike / W8DN

Mike Rhodes

Well, after trying different things for about half an hour before sending this message - yep, you guessed it. As soon as I sent the message I stumbled into the problem. Don't know why it didn't flag a syntax error but I needed to add some parenthesis and things seem to be working as expected now. I think SQL hates me !! Again, sorry for the bother (and mailbox clutter).

Mike / W8DN

On 7/4/2020 1:55 PM, Mike Rhodes via groups.io wrote:
Be careful - I now know just enough to be dangerous and will probably hurt myself soon. Backups are certainly my friend !!

Still playing with SQL and am wanting to trim the spots shown after filtering to just those one hour old from the present clock time. However, when I run my SQL filter, it overrides the age setting. I have tried '<agefilter>' but that does not appear to be effective. It does not throw an error but also does not trim to the last 60 minutes either (which is what I have the age filter set to). I thought maybe the <x> brackets was the problem but get an error if I replace with parenthesis. Do I need to specify a variable for <agefilter> or am I completely in the wrong ballpark ?

Thanks,
Mike / W8DN

Dave AA6YQ

+ Filtering SpotCollector's Spot Database Display or DXKeeper's Log Page Display are both non-destructive operations that can simply be reversed by removing all filtering.

Dave, AA6YQ

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

Well, after trying different things for about half an hour before sending this message - yep, you guessed it. As soon as I sent the message I stumbled into the problem. Don't know why it didn't flag a syntax error but I needed to add some parenthesis and things seem to be working as expected now. I think SQL hates me !! Again, sorry for the bother (and mailbox clutter).

+ Parentheses are cheap. Always use them to specify your desired "order of operations", and you won't be surprised when SQL misinterprets your unspecified expectations.

Dave, AA6YQ