Is there a tidy way of doing this? Maybe via an SQL expression using the SQL filter boxes?
I'm just not sure what to filter out...

73 de Phil GU0SUP

Joe Subich, W4TV

Is there a tidy way of doing this?
Band Filter with a small "Max origin DX" parameter for 6m. Setting
a few hundred miles should limit 6M spots to generally G, GW, F,
ON, and PA

On 2020-07-05 1:08 PM, Phil Cooper via groups.io wrote:
Hi all,
Because I want to know when "new country" 6m contacts are confirmed on LoTW, I had to enable 6m in my DXCC Bands & Modes tab of config, awards in DXKeeper.
That's fine, but it now means I am constantly hearing DX Joe shout DX every time a new one appears on the cluster.
The major issue for me is that most of these spots are US/Caribbean spots for other US/Caribbean calls, and my setup means I am unlikely to ever hear them.
What I could like, and I am sure it IS possible, is to filter out these spots, but still see spots for other bands that I may need such countries on.
Is there a tidy way of doing this? Maybe via an SQL expression using the SQL filter boxes?
I'm just not sure what to filter out...
73 de Phil GU0SUP

> Is there a tidy way of doing this?

Band Filter with a small "Max origin DX" parameter for 6m. Setting a few hundred miles should limit 6M spots to generally G, GW, F, ON, and PA

+ Being an optimist, I use 500 miles for 6 meters. See the "Hiding VHF and UHF DX not Spotted by Nearby Stations" section of

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/HidingDXYouCantHear>

On 2020-07-05 1:08 PM, Phil Cooper via groups.io wrote:
Hi all,

Because I want to know when "new country" 6m contacts are confirmed on LoTW, I had to enable 6m in my DXCC Bands & Modes tab of config, awards in DXKeeper.
That's fine, but it now means I am constantly hearing DX Joe shout DX every time a new one appears on the cluster.
The major issue for me is that most of these spots are US/Caribbean spots for other US/Caribbean calls, and my setup means I am unlikely to ever hear them.

What I could like, and I am sure it IS possible, is to filter out these spots, but still see spots for other bands that I may need such countries on.

Is there a tidy way of doing this? Maybe via an SQL expression using the SQL filter boxes?
I'm just not sure what to filter out...

73 de Phil GU0SUP

Phil Cooper

Thanks Dave and Joe,

I knew there had to be a simple way to do this, but firstly, I didn't want to miss DX on other bands, and secondly, I was afraid that I may screw up the filtered spots that I have (to show DIGI only).
I was a bit worried that I may do something that messed up spots, but wouldn't be obvious.
Trying to find such help in the WIKI pages is difficult unless you know what to ask. I did have a look, but clearly didn't phrase my search correctly.
This is exactly what I need, and will be set tomorrow when I am in the shack...

Thanks for your help...

73 de Phil GU0SUP

On 2020-07-05 1:08 PM, Phil Cooper via groups.io wrote:
Hi all,

[...]

+ No worries, Phil; answering questions is one of the primary purposes of this group.

Phil Cooper

Hi Dave and the group,

That fixed it for me! I have set it to show only 6m spots generated within 100 miles of my QTH, and have not been pestered by spots that are of no use to me.

Thanks for your help with this...

73 de Phil GU0SUP

On 2020-07-05 1:08 PM, Phil Cooper via groups.io wrote:
Hi all,

Because I want to know when "new country" 6m contacts are confirmed on LoTW, I had to enable 6m in my DXCC Bands & Modes tab of config, awards in DXKeeper.
That's fine, but it now means I am constantly hearing DX Joe shout DX every time a new one appears on the cluster.
The major issue for me is that most of these spots are US/Caribbean spots for other US/Caribbean calls, and my setup means I am unlikely to ever hear them.

What I could like, and I am sure it IS possible, is to filter out these spots, but still see spots for other bands that I may need such countries on.

Is there a tidy way of doing this? Maybe via an SQL expression using the SQL filter boxes?
I'm just not sure what to filter out...

73 de Phil GU0SUP

Jim Cary

Dave,

My computer got wiped out so I have had to reload all the software (log was backed up though).   I've always used the  distance filter on six, but I can't seem to get it to work on the "new" software.  The proper buttons are selected on the "bands" tab .... i.e. " Enable Start........", the six meter button is highlighted and the distance set at 1000 miles, but I am still seeing European origin spots.

The "Capture location" and "look up missing location" buttons are all selected.

What am I missing here?

73,
Jim

My computer got wiped out so I have had to reload all the software (log was backed up though).

+ Had you not saved your settings and filters to a Workspace and backed up that Workspace, as described here"

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/BackupRecovery

?

I've always used the distance filter on six, but I can't seem to get it to work on the "new" software. The proper buttons are selected on the "bands" tab .... i.e. " Enable Start........", the six meter button is highlighted and the distance set at 1000 miles, but I am still seeing European origin spots.

+ That's correct behavior:

1. Spot Collector's Main window doesn't display spots, it displays entries for active DX stations. Each such entry may have been spotted by multiple stations in multiple locations around the world. An entry's Source field displays the callsign of the most recent station to spot the entry's callsign.

2. If you have "Band Filter" window's "Max origin DX" for 6m set to 1000 miles, that means "hide the entries for any active 6m station that wasn't spotted by a station within 1000 miles of your QTH". If a 6m station was spotted by your next-door neighbor, and then spotted 15 minutes later by a station in Europe, the entry for that station will continue to be displayed, and its Source field will show the callsign of the station in Europe. You can add columns to the display that show from where each entry's station was spotted, as illustrated in this annotated screenshot:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/Wiki/Graphics/SpotCollector/SpotDatabaseDisplayAnnotated.jpg

+ For more information, see

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/CollectingSpots