Topics

Spot filtering help needed

Phil Cooper

Hi all,

Because I want to know when "new country" 6m contacts are confirmed on LoTW, I had to enable 6m in my DXCC Bands & Modes tab of config, awards in DXKeeper.
That's fine, but it now means I am constantly hearing DX Joe shout DX every time a new one appears on the cluster.
The major issue for me is that most of these spots are US/Caribbean spots for other US/Caribbean calls, and my setup means I am unlikely to ever hear them.

What I could like, and I am sure it IS possible, is to filter out these spots, but still see spots for other bands that I may need such countries on.

Is there a tidy way of doing this? Maybe via an SQL expression using the SQL filter boxes?
I'm just not sure what to filter out...

73 de Phil GU0SUP

Joe Subich, W4TV

Is there a tidy way of doing this?
Band Filter with a small "Max origin DX" parameter for 6m. Setting
a few hundred miles should limit 6M spots to generally G, GW, F,
ON, and PA

... Joe, W4TV

On 2020-07-05 1:08 PM, Phil Cooper via groups.io wrote:
Hi all,
Because I want to know when "new country" 6m contacts are confirmed on LoTW, I had to enable 6m in my DXCC Bands & Modes tab of config, awards in DXKeeper.
That's fine, but it now means I am constantly hearing DX Joe shout DX every time a new one appears on the cluster.
The major issue for me is that most of these spots are US/Caribbean spots for other US/Caribbean calls, and my setup means I am unlikely to ever hear them.
What I could like, and I am sure it IS possible, is to filter out these spots, but still see spots for other bands that I may need such countries on.
Is there a tidy way of doing this? Maybe via an SQL expression using the SQL filter boxes?
73 de Phil GU0SUP

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

> Is there a tidy way of doing this?

Band Filter with a small "Max origin DX" parameter for 6m. Setting a few hundred miles should limit 6M spots to generally G, GW, F, ON, and PA

+ Being an optimist, I use 500 miles for 6 meters. See the "Hiding VHF and UHF DX not Spotted by Nearby Stations" section of

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/HidingDXYouCantHear>

Dave, AA6YQ

Hi all,

73 de Phil GU0SUP

Phil Cooper

Thanks Dave and Joe,

I knew there had to be a simple way to do this, but firstly, I didn't want to miss DX on other bands, and secondly, I was afraid that I may screw up the filtered spots that I have (to show DIGI only).
I was a bit worried that I may do something that messed up spots, but wouldn't be obvious.
Trying to find such help in the WIKI pages is difficult unless you know what to ask. I did have a look, but clearly didn't phrase my search correctly.
This is exactly what I need, and will be set tomorrow when I am in the shack...

Thanks for your help...

73 de Phil GU0SUP

-----Original Message-----
From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave AA6YQ
Sent: 05 July 2020 18:46
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] Spot filtering help needed

+ AA6YQ comments below

Band Filter with a small "Max origin DX" parameter for 6m. Setting a few hundred miles should limit 6M spots to generally G, GW, F, ON, and PA

+ Being an optimist, I use 500 miles for 6 meters. See the "Hiding VHF and UHF DX not Spotted by Nearby Stations" section of

Dave, AA6YQ

Hi all,

73 de Phil GU0SUP

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

I knew there had to be a simple way to do this, but firstly, I didn't want to miss DX on other bands, and secondly, I was afraid that I may screw up the filtered spots that I have (to show DIGI only).
I was a bit worried that I may do something that messed up spots, but wouldn't be obvious.
Trying to find such help in the WIKI pages is difficult unless you know what to ask. I did have a look, but clearly didn't phrase my search correctly.

+ No worries, Phil; answering questions is one of the primary purposes of this group.

Dave, AA6YQ

Phil Cooper

Hi Dave and the group,

That fixed it for me! I have set it to show only 6m spots generated within 100 miles of my QTH, and have not been pestered by spots that are of no use to me.

Thanks for your help with this...

73 de Phil GU0SUP

-----Original Message-----
From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave AA6YQ
Sent: 05 July 2020 18:46
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] Spot filtering help needed

+ AA6YQ comments below

Dave, AA6YQ

Hi all,

73 de Phil GU0SUP