Topics

Spot Collector with ACL log mdb file problem

Kevin Thomas <adjusterkev@...>

Hello all.

I am running Spot Collector as a standalone with no other DX Lab software installed. I am using the N3FJP ACL  logging program.  When I export a mdb log file from ACL on to my desktop and try to use it as my Spot Collector "log file referenced for award progress" I get an error.... " Specified log file is improperly structured(does not contain a QSO table)."

Any thoughts on how to get SC to recognize this mdb file?

tnx es 73
Kevin
KG9IL

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

I am running Spot Collector as a standalone with no other DX Lab software installed. I am using the N3FJP ACL logging program. When I export a mdb log file from ACL on to my desktop and try to use it as my Spot Collector "log file referenced for award progress" I get an error.... " Specified log file is improperly structured(does not contain a QSO table)."

+ Correct. Though they use the same database engine, DXKeeper and N3FJP employ entirely different sets of database tables and record layouts. A .mdb file maintained by N3FJP does not include tables containing the realtime award tracking information for DXCC, IOTA, Leaderboard, VUCC, WAS, WAZ, and WPX that SpotCollector requires in order to immediately determine (without scanning every QSO in your log) whether a QSO with a newly-reported active station would advance your award progress, and thus should be highlighted as "needed" . SpotCollector also expects to find your award objectives - the bands and modes on which you are pursuing each award - in a specific set of locations in the Windows Registry that is populated by DXKeeper, but not by N3FJP.

Any thoughts on how to get SC to recognize this mdb file?

+ You can't. If you want the full benefit of SpotCollector, you must use DXKeeper for logging. In addition, using Commander for transceiver control enables both DXKeeper and SpotCollector to track your transceiver's frequency and mode, and enables SpotCollector to QSY your transceiver to the correct frequency and mode when you double-click the entry for an active station. Commander also displays a Bandspread window showing the callsigns of active stations on your transceiver's current band, and DXView displays a world map depicting the locations of active stations; double-clicking a callsign in Commander's Bandspread or a plotted station on DXView's World map QSYs your transceiver to the correct frequency and mode.

Dave, AA6YQ

Thanks Dave. Appreciate the fast response

Kevin
KG9IL

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ coments below

Thanks Dave. Appreciate the fast response

+ I should have mentioned that many contesters use N1MM or N3FJP or WinTest to log QSOs during contests, export their QSOs to an ADIF file after the contest is complete, and then import that ADIF file into DXKeeper. There's an N1MM-DXKeeper bridge that immediately and automatically conveys QSOs logged in N1MM to DXKeeper, enabling SpotCollector to accurately highlight active stations needed for award progress during a contest.

Dave. AA6YQ

Thanks