Spot collector Voice Announcements

Joe WB9SBD

I am re-installing everything into a new computer and have succeed totally so far.

I'm missing something tho, I to test I entered in a single call in the filter window, and clicked on the "Call" button, so it looks like it will only display info when that call gets spotted. Looks good.

But I would also, like to get an audio announcement when it appears.

I think I have that set up.

BUT...  I am getting a constant barrage of "DX!" audio announcements.

Can I shut that part off for now so I only hear an announcement when the filtered call pops up?

Joe WB9SBD

I am re-installing everything into a new computer and have succeed totally so far.

I'm missing something tho, I to test I entered in a single call in the filter window, and clicked on the "Call" button, so it looks
like it will only display info when that call gets spotted. Looks good.

But I would also, like to get an audio announcement when it appears.

I think I have that set up.

BUT...  I am getting a constant barrage of "DX!" audio announcements.

+ Sounds like you're missing the audio announcement files. They're available here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Announcements.exe

Can I shut that part off for now so I only hear an announcement when the filtered call pops up?

+ You can control what is announced via the "Audio Alarm" tab on SpotCollector's Configuration window. See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Help/ConfigurationAudio.htm

Joe WB9SBD

Thanks Dave

+ Sounds like you're missing the audio announcement files. They're available here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Announcements.exe

I clicked on the link and it downloaded and did an Un-zipping to I guess where it needed to be?

Can I shut that part off for now so I only hear an announcement when the filtered call pops up?

+ You can control what is announced via the "Audio Alarm" tab on SpotCollector's Configuration window. See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Help/ConfigurationAudio.htm

I went here and fololowed as closely as possible. But the "DX!" is still constantly announcing.

Sorry.

Joe WB9SBD

+ AA6YQ comments below

@ more AA6YQ comments below

+ Sounds like you're missing the audio announcement files. They're available here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Announcements.exe

I clicked on the link and it downloaded and did an Un-zipping to I guess where it needed to be?

+ Did you put the audio announcement files (suffix: .wav) in SpotCollector's Sounds folder?