Topics

Spot Collector to N1MM gateway??

Rick WR0H

I found myself wishing for something during the NAQP-CW and I thought this would be as good a place as any to wish out loud.

I'm using a Flex 6600, and I can see Spot Collector spots on the panafall, but clicking on them doesn't put the callsign into N1MM. Or,  I can choose to have N1MM telnet spots on the panafall but I give up the multi-cluster and award-chasing flexibility of Spot Collector.

I know there are DXKeeper to N1MM gateways.  Would it be possible to get some sort of "Spot Collector to N1MM gateway" that would put spots from SC on the Flex panafall that could be inserted in N1MM's entry window?

73
Rick WR0H

I found myself wishing for something during the NAQP-CW and I thought this would be as good a place as any to wish out loud.

I'm using a Flex 6600, and I can see Spot Collector spots on the panafall, but clicking on them doesn't put the callsign into N1MM. Or, I can choose to have N1MM telnet spots on the panafall but I give up the multi-cluster and award-chasing flexibility of Spot Collector.

I know there are DXKeeper to N1MM gateways. Would it be possible to get some sort of "Spot Collector to N1MM gateway" that would put spots from SC on the Flex panafall that could be inserted in N1MM's entry window?

+ I'm not aware of N1MM providing a means by which its entry window can be populated with a callsign, frequency, and mode. There's an "External UDP Broadcasts" section in

<https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/appendices/>

+ but no "UDP Messages Accepted" section.

+ The more general question of enabling SpotCollector to interoperate with N1MM has been raised in the past. This is largely a task that N1MM team members would have to implement, with my assistance; there's been no interest expressed in pursuing this.

Rick WR0H

Thanks Dave...That's why I dropped my question here--if it were possible from the DXLab end, it probably would have already been done!

73,
Rick WR0H

I just ran a test and I can feed spots to Spot Collector and N1MM+ at the same time.  I am using Skimmer at the moment and everything that shows up on Skimmer appears in both Spot Collector and N1MM.  I guess there is the extra step of noticing the callsign on Spot Collector and then clicking on it in the N1MM Bandscope.  I don’t have to give up anything to do this.

Bob AF9W