Spot collector spots

Joe K2UF

I have a homebrew arduino based rotor control and antenna selector.  Is there a way I can click on a spot and have spot collector field values put out on a com port for input to the arduino.  I would like the station azimuth avilable to my controller.

Any hints how I can accomplish this if possible.

Thanks,

Joe K2UF

I have a homebrew arduino based rotor control and antenna selector. Is there a way I can click on a spot and have spot collector
field values put out on a com port for input to the arduino. I would like the station azimuth avilable to my controller.

Any hints how I can accomplish this if possible.

+ You can do that by making the software running on your Arduino emulate the protocol used by one of the rotator controllers that
DXView supports. If you tell me which protocol you've chosen, I will tell you what commands your software should accept.

Joe K2UF

Dave,

I am using 2 Yaesu rotors but am driving them directly from the arduino.
Just reading the rotor pot and driving the rotors with a dc power supply to
the desired position. Have I 'painted' myself into a corner?

73 Joe K2UF

I have a homebrew arduino based rotor control and antenna selector. Is
there a way I can click on a spot and have spot collector field values put
out on a com port for input to the arduino. I would like the station
azimuth avilable to my controller.

Any hints how I can accomplish this if possible.

+ You can do that by making the software running on your Arduino emulate
+ the protocol used by one of the rotator controllers that
DXView supports. If you tell me which protocol you've chosen, I will tell
you what commands your software should accept.

I am using 2 Yaesu rotors but am driving them directly from the arduino.
Just reading the rotor pot and driving the rotors with a dc power supply to the desired position. Have I 'painted' myself into a
corner?

+ If you want DXView to be able to interact with your home-brew controller, you will need to extend the Arduino code to accept
commands from a serial port, and act on those commands. There's only two commands, different protocols express them different:

1. rotate to heading X

2. stop any rotation in progress

Joe K2UF

Dave,

Thanks for the info. I am going to set up a second serial port as a 'fake'
Yeasu rotor and try to read azimuth data from S.C. record.

73 Joe K2UF

I am using 2 Yaesu rotors but am driving them directly from the arduino.
Just reading the rotor pot and driving the rotors with a dc power supply to
the desired position. Have I 'painted' myself into a corner?

+ If you want DXView to be able to interact with your home-brew
+ controller, you will need to extend the Arduino code to accept
commands from a serial port, and act on those commands. There's only two
commands, different protocols express them different:

1. rotate to heading X

2. stop any rotation in progress

Thanks for the info. I am going to set up a second serial port as a 'fake'
Yeasu rotor and try to read azimuth data from S.C. record.
+ All commands sent to a Yaesu rotator are terminated by a "carriage return" character (ascii 13).

+ The "Stop" command is

+ The commands for slow, medium, and fast rotation speed are

X1

X3

X4

+ respectively.

+ The command to rotate to heading 012 is

M012

+ Note that 3 digits of heading are always specified.

+ If DXView receives the message

AZ=012

+ from the rotator controller and the "Request rotator heading once per second" setting is enabled, it will display the rotator's current headiing as 12.