Spot collector random reset

David Aslin

Several times in the past week, when starting the DXLab suite (all modules except WinWarbler) a SpotCollector dialog box pops up asking that I enter my callsign. I do so and then find that the Spot Sources I have used previously have been reset to the factory defaults. After re-entering the sources I normally use, everything runs as expected.
I'd like to understand why this occurs and how to fix it. All modules and databases are kept up-to-date.
This also raises a question: I know I can backup my whole workspace, but is there a simple way to save only my choices of spot sources and then retrieve them if needed?
73, David G3WGN M6O

Several times in the past week, when starting the DXLab suite (all modules except WinWarbler) a SpotCollector dialog box pops up asking that I enter my callsign. I do so and then find that the Spot Sources I have used previously have been reset to the factory defaults. After re-entering the sources I normally use, everything runs as expected.
I'd like to understand why this occurs and how to fix it. All modules and databases are kept up-to-date.

+ The implication of that is that the entry in the Windows Registry that SpotCollector uses to store your callsign is being cleared or deleted. When this happens, are the rest of your SpotCollector settings intact, or must you recover them from your Workspace?

This also raises a question: I know I can backup my whole workspace, but is there a simple way to save only my choices of spot sources and then retrieve them if needed?

+ There is no partial or selective storage or recovery of settings store in a Workspace.  You could create several Workspaces, each with a different set of spot sources.

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 1:37 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@ambersoft.com> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

Several times in the past week, when starting the DXLab suite (all modules except WinWarbler) a SpotCollector dialog box pops up asking that I enter my callsign. I do so and then find that the Spot Sources I have used previously have been reset to the factory defaults. After re-entering the sources I normally use, everything runs as expected.
I'd like to understand why this occurs and how to fix it. All modules and databases are kept up-to-date.

+ The implication of that is that the entry in the Windows Registry that SpotCollector uses to store your callsign is being cleared or deleted. When this happens, are the rest of your SpotCollector settings intact, or must you recover them from your Workspace?
Given that both the callsign and the spot sources are disappearing, it
sounds like all of SpotCollector's configuration is getting lost
somehow.

This also raises a question: I know I can backup my whole workspace, but is there a simple way to save only my choices of spot sources and then retrieve them if needed?

+ There is no partial or selective storage or recovery of settings store in a Workspace. You could create several Workspaces, each with a different set of spot sources.
Presumably one could use the "Sv" and "Ld" buttons in Commander's
"DXLab Apps" tab -> "Registry" panel to effect SpotCollector
reconfiguration without an entire workspace....

73,

~iain / N6ML