Topics

Spot Collector No Sun Spot date appearing

wb6bee

What am I missing.    Two Telnet connections, one my own skimmer, one DJ1YFK

Don
WB6BEE

What am I missing. Two Telnet connections, one my own skimmer, one DJ1YFK

+ Do either of those convey WWV "spots"?

wb6bee

I know my skimmer doesn't.   Don't know about the other one,   What can I use to get the information Dave

Don

I know my skimmer doesn't. Don't know about the other one, What can I use to get the information Dave

+ In the "Telnet DXClusters" panel on the "Spot Sources" tab of SpotCollector's Configuration window, uncheck the "Hide" and "Ann/Talk" boxes associated with foc.dj1yfk.de

+ In the cluster window that appears, type the command

SH/WWV

+ and then strike the Enter key. If you receive a response like

20-Jan-2020 03 72 3 0 No Storms -> No Storms <W0MU>
20-Jan-2020 00 72 3 1 No Storms -> No Storms <VE7CC>
19-Jan-2020 21 72 4 1 No Storms -> No Storms <W0MU>
19-Jan-2020 18 71 4 1 No Storms -> No Storms <VE7CC>
19-Jan-2020 15 71 4 1 No Storms -> No Storms <W0MU>

+ then the cluster periodically reports the SFI, A-index, and K-index by way of "WWV spots".

+ I tried this with the foc.dj1yfk.de cluster; it does not report "WWV spots".

+ You can connect to a third DX cluster that does convey WWV spots.

wb6bee

I connected to a third cluster with SH/WWV and it worked.   Tried that command on my own skimmer and it didn't work.   Not sure how you set that up.

I also tried connecting to CQ DX IRC and nothing worked,

Will leave connected to the third cluster for now.

Thanks, Dave

Don
WB6BEE

David Bunte

Don -

Glad you have it cooking now.

161 de Dave - K9FN

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 8:49 AM wb6bee <wb6bee@...> wrote:
I connected to a third cluster with SH/WWV and it worked.   Tried that command on my own skimmer and it didn't work.   Not sure how you set that up.

I also tried connecting to CQ DX IRC and nothing worked,

Will leave connected to the third cluster for now.

Thanks, Dave

Don
WB6BEE

Peter Laws

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 7:44 AM wb6bee <wb6bee@...> wrote:

What am I missing. Two Telnet connections, one my own skimmer, one DJ1YFK

*You're* not missing anything - the sun is missing spots! Nothing to
count! :-D

(OK, OK, a few Cycle 25 spots have appeared)