Spot Collector give me 98% probability of working station only spotted in EU

Rick

Hi Dave--After watching your new video, I set up Spot Collector to give me a lot of information I'd never used before.

Something new happened this morning.  I'm on 20M FT8 using WSJT-X V2.4.0 and a JT1 has been spotted by 6 stations, all in EU according to his spot's "Display Spots near 14.074" . However, Spot Collector's (V8.8.7) "Closest" field shows the nearest spotting station to be 2 mi away (me) and gives me a 98% probability of being able to work him.

I can't hear him at all and have not decoded him, but other stations are calling him and somehow Spot Collector's "Closest" field thinks I have spotted him.  Not a biggie, but it's odd and the first time I've noticed this.  Any thoughts?

73
Rick N0VT

PS--Any DXer who hasn't watched your presentation is probably missing out.

Hi Dave--After watching your new video, I set up Spot Collector to give me a lot of information I'd never used before.

Something new happened this morning.  I'm on 20M FT8 using WSJT-X V2.4.0 and a JT1 has been spotted by 6 stations, all in EU according to his spot's "Display Spots near 14.074" . However, Spot Collector's (V8.8.7) "Closest" field shows the nearest spotting station to be 2 mi away (me) and gives me a 98% probability of being able to work him.

I can't hear him at all and have not decoded him, but other stations are calling him and somehow Spot Collector's "Closest" field thinks I have spotted him.  Not a biggie, but it's odd and the first time I've noticed this.  Any thoughts?

+ If you have WSJT-X connected to Spotcollector as a Spot Source, and WSJT-X decodes another station copying the JT1 station with a signal report (which constitutes a spot), the current version of SpotCollector erroneously considers you to be the spotting station. This defect is correct in the next version of SpotCollector.

Ed W2LCQ

Hi Dave,

I saw a reference to your new spot collector video. How/where can I see it? Thanks a lot.

Best, Ed

73, de Ed Jones W2LCQ

On Jun 6, 2021, at 1:18 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below
[...]

+ There is no "new SpotCollector video". Last month, I presented "DXing with DXLab" to the (virtual) International DX Convention. Both a video and the slide presentation are available via

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/Presentations/