Spot Collector Frequency Change

Ed W2LCQ

When I double click on an SC spot Commander frequency changes but the Icom 7300 rig frequency doesn’t change. If I then change the rig frequency Commander stays on the SC frequency and doesn’t follow the rig. I’ve made no changes to DXC rig parameters. The only change I made to SC recently was a port change. Can someone point me in the right direction please? Thanks a lot.

Best, Ed

73 de W2LCQ, Ed Jones

Frankford Radio Club
“Proficiency Through Competition”
BUG #204 - CWops (Life) #701
ARRL - RSGB

When I double click on an SC spot Commander frequency changes but the Icom 7300 rig frequency doesn�t change. If I then change the rig frequency Commander stays on the SC frequency and doesn�t follow the rig. I�ve made no changes to DXC rig parameters. The only change I made to SC recently was a port change. Can someone point me in the right direction please? Thanks a lot.

+ If Commander is not controlling and tracking your IC-7300's frequency, the of course SpotCollector directing Commander to QSY your IC-7300 will be ineffective.

+ I suggest that you check the relevant cables, and review the configuration instructions in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/TranceiverControlIcom

Ed W2LCQ

Thank you Dave. I forgot to mention that Commander tracks and controls the 7300 just fine. I will review the info at the link.

All best, Ed

73 de W2LCQ, Ed Jones

Frankford Radio Club
“Proficiency Through Competition”
BUG #204 - CWops (Life) #701
ARRL - RSGB

On May 22, 2022, at 4:14 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

When I double click on an SC spot Commander frequency changes but the Icom 7300 rig frequency doesn�t change. If I then change the rig frequency Commander stays on the SC frequency and doesn�t follow the rig. I�ve made no changes to DXC rig parameters. The only change I made to SC recently was a port change. Can someone point me in the right direction please? Thanks a lot.

+ If Commander is not controlling and tracking your IC-7300's frequency, the of course SpotCollector directing Commander to QSY your IC-7300 will be ineffective.

+ I suggest that you check the relevant cables, and review the configuration instructions in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/TranceiverControlIcom

Thank you Dave. I forgot to mention that Commander tracks and controls the 7300 just fine.

+ In you previous post, you stated "If I then change the rig frequency Commander stays on the SC frequency and doesn't follow the rig."

Ed W2LCQ

Sorry for the confusion. Absent SC the rig and Commander work fine together. I double clicked an SC spot and the frequency registered in Commander but not in the rig. I manually changed the rig to another frequency but Commandsr did not follow. It stayed on the SC spot frequency. I closed and opened Commander and the rig and Commander then worked together normally. I will shut down SC and Commander and reopen them. It could be due to something in my Windows 10 or PC.

All best, Ed

73 de W2LCQ, Ed Jones

Frankford Radio Club
“Proficiency Through Competition”
BUG #204 - CWops (Life) #701
ARRL - RSGB

On May 22, 2022, at 6:22 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

Thank you Dave. I forgot to mention that Commander tracks and controls the 7300 just fine.

+ In you previous post, you stated "If I then change the rig frequency Commander stays on the SC frequency and doesn't follow the rig."

Sorry for the confusion. Absent SC the rig and Commander work fine together. I double clicked an SC spot and the frequency registered in Commander but not in the rig. I manually changed the rig to another frequency but Commandsr did not follow. It stayed on the SC spot frequency.

+ What you are describing is that Commander is not tracking your IC-7300's frequency.

I closed and opened Commander and the rig and Commander then worked together normally. I will shut down SC and Commander and reopen them. It could be due to something in my Windows 10 or PC.

+ I suggest that you confirm that the relevant cables are securely connected. Then reboot Windows.