"Spot Collector failed to start" -- but it didn't


Earl Needham
 

I've been experiencing a condition similar to what W0IEA reported last January in message 206016 -- when I open the Launcher, then click on "SC", Spot Collector opens just as it should, but 180 seconds later the launcher reports that Spot Collector failed to open after 180 seconds.  It seems to open in a very short time -- I prune anything older than one day, the database currently has 5474 entries with 67 deleted, and appears to be running just as it should.

I just realized that Malwarebytes was installed, but I don't use it much and I've heard it sometimes causes problems like this, so I uninstalled it, and this situation seems to be fixed.

Vy 7 3
Earl
KD5XB


Dave AA6YQ
 

+ AA6YQ comments below
I've been experiencing a condition similar to what W0IEA reported last January in message 206016 -- when I open the Launcher, then click on "SC", Spot Collector opens just as it should, but 180 seconds later the launcher reports that Spot Collector failed to open after 180 seconds.  It seems to open in a very short time -- I prune anything older than one day, the database currently has 5474 entries with 67 deleted, and appears to be running just as it should.
 
I just realized that Malwarebytes was installed, but I don't use it much and I've heard it sometimes causes problems like this, so I uninstalled it, and this situation seems to be fixed.

+ Malwarebytes is known to interfere with DXLab applications; see

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ApplicationInteference

      73,

          Dave, AA6YQ

 


Earl Needham
 

ROGER ROGER

Verified here.

Vy 7 3
Earl
KD5XB


e e


On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 12:15 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below
I've been experiencing a condition similar to what W0IEA reported last January in message 206016 -- when I open the Launcher, then click on "SC", Spot Collector opens just as it should, but 180 seconds later the launcher reports that Spot Collector failed to open after 180 seconds.  It seems to open in a very short time -- I prune anything older than one day, the database currently has 5474 entries with 67 deleted, and appears to be running just as it should.
 
I just realized that Malwarebytes was installed, but I don't use it much and I've heard it sometimes causes problems like this, so I uninstalled it, and this situation seems to be fixed.

+ Malwarebytes is known to interfere with DXLab applications; see

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ApplicationInteference

      73,

          Dave, AA6YQ