Topics

Spot Collector Email Alarm ?

w2eck

When entering an SQL expression in the Email Alarm Trigger panel are parenthesis required around the call signs entered?
For example:
     callsign =( 'KH9', 'C91BVA', ZF2BJ'. 'PJ7AA', 'ly11ly')
Also are the single quotes marks around each call required?

tnx & 73
Paul
w2eck

Joe Subich, W4TV

With multiple elements, the correct syntax is:

Callsign in ('C91BVA', ZF2BJ', 'PJ7AA', 'LY11LY') or
Callsign like ('*/KH9') or Callsign like ('KH9*')

"in" expects a list of discrete elements (individual calls),
"like" supports wildcards (incomplete calls).

On 2021-03-02 10:08 AM, w2eck wrote:
When entering an SQL expression in the Email Alarm Trigger panel are parenthesis required around the call signs entered?
For example:
     callsign =( 'KH9', 'C91BVA', ZF2BJ'. 'PJ7AA', 'ly11ly')
Also are the single quotes marks around each call required?
tnx & 73
Paul
w2eck

w2eck

Joe - Tnx for the explanation.So your reply tells me the parenthesis and single quote marks around each call are required in all cases.
73 Paul w2eck

Joe - Tnx for the explanation.So your reply tells me the parenthesis and single quote marks around each call are required in all cases.

+ for simple expressions like

band='80m'

+ or

name = 'Joe'

+ parentheses are not required. For more complex queries, like

(band = '80m') and (name = 'Joe')

+ it;s best to use parentheses to make the order of operations explicit; they're free!

+ This expression using wildcard characters requires no parentheses:

Comment like '*photographer*'

+ but "multiple choice" expressions do require parentheses:

band in ('160m','80m','40m')

w2eck

Dave
Thank you for the additional explanation.

73 Paul w2eck