Topics

Spot Collector -Display spots for XXXXXX near XXXX in CW

wb6bee

Any chance of reversing the display order of spots for a station near a frequency.    The oldest is on top and the newest is down the page some.   Depending on the size of your window and the number of spots, you only see the oldest spots (without scrolling).  Would be nice to have the most current spots at the top of the window.

Thanks

Don
WB6BEE

DAVID BERNHEISEL

Check the Descending box on the Spot Database Display tab of the Spot Collector Configuration

Dave, N2DPF

On 10/8/2020 9:30 AM, wb6bee wrote:
Any chance of reversing the display order of spots for a station near a frequency.    The oldest is on top and the newest is down the page some.   Depending on the size of your window and the number of spots, you only see the oldest spots (without scrolling).  Would be nice to have the most current spots at the top of the window.

Thanks

Don
WB6BEE

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 7:35 AM DAVID BERNHEISEL via groups.io
<n2dpf=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Check the Descending box on the Spot Database Display tab of the Spot Collector Configuration
That affects the main spot database display. He's asking about the
display of spots for a given database entry (per subject line).

AFAIK, there is no way to change that.

~iain / N6ML

On 10/8/2020 9:30 AM, wb6bee wrote:

Any chance of reversing the display order of spots for a station near a frequency. The oldest is on top and the newest is down the page some. Depending on the size of your window and the number of spots, you only see the oldest spots (without scrolling). Would be nice to have the most current spots at the top of the window.

Thanks

Don
WB6BEE

wb6bee

Had to think about AFAIK a bit.

It's a programming thing, probably low priority.   Similar to the when the Comments display was showing the oldest first, not the most current.   Dave swapped that out, just thinking this may be a similar effort.

Being able to see all the skimmers that have spotted a station and to see all the skimmers that spot you can be a valuable tool. I was using another mechanism, but trying to simplify my five displays and discovered this feature of SC.   It would be nice to have the most current display on top.

Don
WB6BEE

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

It's a programming thing, probably low priority.

+ Since it's never before been requested, it has no priority.

Similar to the when the Comments display was showing the oldest first, not the most current. Dave swapped that out, just thinking this may be a similar effort.

+ Controlling the order in which logged comments are displayed is much simpler than controlling the order in which spot notes are displayed. Every Spot Database Entry has a Cumulative field that - if the "Record individual spot information" option is enabled - records all spot notes for it callsign near its frequency and in its mode. At present, new information is appended to the end of existing information.

+ When creating a new Spot Database Entry or updating an existing Entry, it would be straightforward to insert new "spot notes" information at the beginning of existing "spot notes" information if the "Date & Time Sort Order" pane were set to "descending" (Configuration window, Spot Database Display tab). However, updating existing Spot Database Entries to reflect a change in order would require updating every Spot Database Display Entry.

Being able to see all the skimmers that have spotted a station and to see all the skimmers that spot you can be a valuable tool.

+ When a needed station is operating split, it can also be quite helpful to see the successive reports of the operator's RX frequency.

Dave, AA6YQ

wb6bee

Nice to be original.   I probably shouldn't hold my breath.   

I will give it a big window and look at the bottom.

Don
WB6BEE