From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of hb9icc
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2021 07:37
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] SpotCollector display problem

Hi Dave,
Thank you !
With your explanations I discovered an existing "SQLFilters.txt" file which contained my filter (and others) and I was able to copy the formula and save again.
It's strange that the file existed but the buttons and filters had disappeared.
My buttons were way below the buttons which are not configurable.

This is contain of the "SQLFilters.txt" file:

SEB
(Tags<>'' or <NEEDFILTER>) and <AGEFILTER> and <BANDFILTER> and <MODEFILTER> and <CONTFILTER> and <ORIGINFILTER> and Hidden<>'Y'
Call
Callsign='*iaru'
Tags
len(tags)>0
SQL 4

SQL 5

SQL 6

etc...

Dave, many thanks !
Vy 73's. Seb HB9ICC

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

w6de

This is not the answer to your question/comment.  But, here is a solution to not being able to read small type/symbols:

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/MonitorsForOldEyes

You need a monitor with greater pixel size—don not confuse monitor size with pixel size (resolution).

73,

Dave, w6de

Glad you found it. Glad I am not the only one that cannot see the filter text om the filter buttons in both DXKeeper and SC. I really would appreciate it if those buttons could be made larger or configured to make the text readable. I am never sure what I am filtering until I filter. 😊

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro candente, batir de repente

44.08226N 92.51265W EN34rb

[...]

+ Seb HB9ICC's issue was not that his filter button caption could not be read, it was that its contents had disappeared.

I really would appreciate it if those buttons could be made larger or configured to make the text readable. I am never sure what I am filtering until I filter. 😊

+ Like most every button caption in DXLab, SpotCollector's and DXKeeper's Filter button captions are rendered in 8 point font. You can configure Windows to increase the size of all DXLab controls:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-set-custom-display-scaling-setting-windows-10

Gilbert Baron W0MN

The problem is setting the size of the window so that I cam increase font size and not have it larger than the woodwool without changing other parts of the DXKeeper widows or buying a bigger monitor.

It is not a critical thing as I can figure what is there, more a how it looks thing.

I suppose I need to read some more configuration documentation. Maybe I can do what I want.

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN