Spot Collector desire

Earl Needham

I would really, really like to have a column in Spot Collector that show, not the time of last spot, but the age of the last spot.  This little plastic box on a string that we call a mouse has never been my strong suit.

Is there already such a feature?

Thanks,
Earl
KD5XB

e e

I would really, really like to have a column in Spot Collector that show, not the time of last spot, but the age of the last spot.  This little plastic box on a string that we call a mouse has never been my strong suit.

Is there already such a feature?

+ There is not. Adding one would increase the size of everyone's Spot Database's, which would reduce performance -- so the bar is quite high got justifying this.

Earl Needham

Yeah, let's not go there then.

Thanks,
Earl

On Sun, Jun 19, 2022 at 10:41 AM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below
I would really, really like to have a column in Spot Collector that show, not the time of last spot, but the age of the last spot.  This little plastic box on a string that we call a mouse has never been my strong suit.

Is there already such a feature?

+ There is not. Adding one would increase the size of everyone's Spot Database's, which would reduce performance -- so the bar is quite high got justifying this.

W0MU

I believe you can move the columns around to your own preferences in SC.  Maybe that helps?

W0MU

On 6/19/2022 10:56 AM, Earl Needham wrote:
Yeah, let's not go there then.

Thanks,
Earl

On Sun, Jun 19, 2022 at 10:41 AM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below
I would really, really like to have a column in Spot Collector that show, not the time of last spot, but the age of the last spot.  This little plastic box on a string that we call a mouse has never been my strong suit.

Is there already such a feature?

+ There is not. Adding one would increase the size of everyone's Spot Database's, which would reduce performance -- so the bar is quite high got justifying this.

I believe you can move the columns around to your own preferences in SC.  Maybe that helps?
+ You can indeed, but that won't materialize a column that does not exist.

Jon KM8V

Right now I have LastTime displayed as a column, but would love the option to display that as an age vs a time so I don't have to do the math.

This might accomplish what the OP is asking for without changes to the database - just the option to have SC do the math when displaying it.

73

Earl Needham

Spot Collector will "do the math" if you hover your mouse cursor over the "time last seen" entry, I'm just no good with the mouse.

Vy 7 3,
Earl
KD5XB

On Mon, Jun 20, 2022, 6:28 AM Jon KM8V <perlguy9@...> wrote:
Right now I have LastTime displayed as a column, but would love the option to display that as an age vs a time so I don't have to do the math.

This might accomplish what the OP is asking for without changes to the database - just the option to have SC do the math when displaying it.

73

W0MU

Have you tried a thumb driven mouse?  Logitech make one.  Is the issue with the mouse a physical/visual issue?  You can slow or speed up the mouse and there are other solutions if the mouse is hard to see.

W0MU

On 6/20/2022 6:37 AM, Earl Needham wrote:
Spot Collector will "do the math" if you hover your mouse cursor over the "time last seen" entry, I'm just no good with the mouse.

Vy 7 3,
Earl
KD5XB

On Mon, Jun 20, 2022, 6:28 AM Jon KM8V <perlguy9@...> wrote:
Right now I have LastTime displayed as a column, but would love the option to display that as an age vs a time so I don't have to do the math.

This might accomplish what the OP is asking for without changes to the database - just the option to have SC do the math when displaying it.

Have you tried a thumb driven mouse?  Logitech make one.  Is the issue with the mouse a physical/visual issue?  You can slow or speed up the mouse and there are other solutions if the mouse is hard to see.

+ A trackball is another option to consider, as it does not require as steady a hand as does a mouse.

Earl Needham

No, my issue with the mouse stems from the fact that I first started using computers with punch cards and the HAD no mouse!  HI HI!

I just don't like 'em.

Vy 7 3
Earl
KD5XB

e e

On Mon, Jun 20, 2022, 9:03 AM W0MU <w0mu@...> wrote:

[...]

Gilbert Baron W0MN

Have you tried a trackball. I and many others find them easier than a mouse. Modern software is basically not usable without this type of control. I STARTED WITH PUNCH CARDS TOO. 😊

Outlook LT Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb

[...]

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Jon KM8V

On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 08:37 AM, Earl Needham wrote:
Spot Collector will "do the math" if you hover your mouse cursor over the "time last seen" entry, I'm just no good with the mouse.
Ah, Interesting. I didn't know that. Still, I'd love an option to display LastTime as age in the table. Just saying. :)

Michael (N1EN)

I'll offer another vote of support for a trackball.   Much nicer, and to me at least, much easier to be precise in most non-gaming applications than a mouse.

Michael / N1EN