Topics

Spot Collector Database

darryl

I have somehow lost the ability to display spots in the SpotCollector window. Need to know how to recover. I have a valid SpotSource and I can see the spots arriving, but they do not find their way into the Spots database. Help please,

Darryl K7UT

I have somehow lost the ability to display spots in the SpotCollector window. Need to know how to recover. I have a valid SpotSource and I can see the spots arriving, but they do not find their way into the Spots database. Help please,

+ Start here, Darryl:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/EmptyDatabase?

+ If these instructions don't correct the situation, please let me know.

The URL in the message below is

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/EmptyDatabase>

I have somehow lost the ability to display spots in the SpotCollector window. Need to know how to recover. I have a valid SpotSource and I can see the spots arriving, but they do not find their way into the Spots database. Help please,

+ Start here, Darryl:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/EmptyDatabase?

+ If these instructions don't correct the situation, please let me know.

darryl

Thanks for the reply Dave.

I am successfully connected to a spot source. Problem was that the spot database could not be accessed.
I thought that I could erase the databases and when I restored the program blank ones would be created. That obviously did not work.

So anyway I now have a spots database but no SpecialCallsigns.mdb and no BandModes.txt files. Also, when I try to specify a pathname for the database file from the config window it says “path not found”.

Error messages this morning:

“The spot Database cannot be accessed for compaction: Path not found.

“Unable to crate a special callsign database in C:\DXLab\Databases\SpecialCallsigns.mdb because +
‘C:\DX Lab\Databases\SpecialCallsigns.mdb’ is not a valid path. “

“Band-Mode file C:\DXLab\BandModes.txt does not exist; spot database entries will be missing Band and mode fields.”

Guess I need to know which database files are necessary, where to get them, and where they should be on my disc so the paths will be valid.

Darryl K7UT

[...]

+ That's a lot of different errors, Darryl; what they all have in common is that files that previously existed (your original post implies that SpotCollector was previously working correctly) are now missing. SpotCollector does not have the ability to delete any of the files in question.

+ So that I can see what's going on, please do the following:

1. on the Configuration window's General tab, check the "log debugging info" box

2. terminate SpotCollector

3. start SpotCollector

4. wait 1 minute

5. on the Configuration window's General tab, uncheck the "log debugging info" box

6. attach the errorlog.txt file from your SpotCollector folder to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com