SPOT COLLECTOR

Dale Schwartz

I just wondered why my ham station computer (with 12 negs of RAM) is running so slow. I opened TASK MANAGER and see that without Spot Collector running, CPU usage is about 5 % (with a lot of other stuff open). When you load the DX cluster program, CPU usage goes up to nearly 50% and stays there.
    I never realized it was such a memory hog!
              DALE/K4ROZ

Dale M. Schwartz

SCHWARTZ | POSEL

Immigration Law Group

Suite 450 RiverEdge One

5500 Interstate North Pkwy., NW

Atlanta, GA 30328

Tel:   770 951-1100

Fax: 770 951-1113
www.immlawfirm.com

   PAST PRESIDENT: AMERICAN
IMMIGRATION LAWYERS ASS'N
  ADJUNCT PROFESSOR: EMORY UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW (1989-2014)

I just wondered why my ham station computer (with 12 negs of RAM) is running so slow. I opened TASK MANAGER and see that without Spot Collector running, CPU usage is about 5 % (with a lot of other stuff open). When you load the DX cluster program, CPU usage goes up to nearly 50% and stays there.
I never realized it was such a memory hog!

+ I suggest that you carefully review this article:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/OptimizeSCPerformance

73,

Dave, AA6yQ

Dale Schwartz

Thanks Dave: I’ll study it.
      Dale

Dale M. Schwartz

SCHWARTZ | POSEL

Immigration Law Group

Suite 450 RiverEdge One

5500 Interstate North Pkwy., NW

Atlanta, GA 30328

Tel:   770 951-1100

Fax: 770 951-1113
www.immlawfirm.com

   PAST PRESIDENT: AMERICAN
IMMIGRATION LAWYERS ASS'N
  ADJUNCT PROFESSOR: EMORY UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW (1989-2014)

On Mar 28, 2021, at 8:54 PM, Dave AA6YQ via groups.io <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

I just wondered why my ham station computer (with 12 negs of RAM) is running so slow. I opened TASK MANAGER and see that without Spot Collector running, CPU usage is about 5 % (with a lot of other stuff open). When you load the DX cluster program, CPU usage goes up to nearly 50% and stays there.
   I never realized it was such a memory hog!

+ I suggest that you carefully review this article:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/OptimizeSCPerformance

     73,

                Dave, AA6yQ

Thanks Dave: I’ll study it.
+ If you have questions, don't hesitate to post them here.