Special event

VK5OM@...

I run wsjtx with JT alert

I log to LOTW eQSL QRZ, Clublog, HRDlog

Today is Australia Day and I am operating my "AX" prefix.

I looked at the process to Log to LOTW and that would have taken me about hlf an hour....... and then thought about all the other logging sites and pulled my hair out. By the time I followed all the sites programs to log a special event call sign, The day would be over.

Quick thinking, I bypassed DXKeeper and am running WSJTX Bare on a new (saved ) configuration, deleted my wsxjtx_log.ADI file so all the contacts today will be present for me to log later.

Is there some quick process to add these to my log? Do I make a new log database? Do I make a seperate configuration for DXKeeper?

In the hopes of someone doing this a million times, was hoping for a "shortcut."

TIA

David AX5OM

I run wsjtx with JT alert

I log to LOTW eQSL QRZ, Clublog, HRDlog

Today is Australia Day and I am operating my "AX" prefix.

I looked at the process to Log to LOTW and that would have taken me about hlf an hour.

+ You can configure JT-Alert to direct DXKeeper to upload each QSO to LoTW as it is logged: in the "Online Logs" panel in the Settings window's

Logging|DXLab DXKeeper

+ page, check the "Instruct DXKeeper to upload each new QSO to LoTW" box.

...... and then thought about all the other logging sites and pulled my hair out. By the time I followed all the sites programs to log a special event call sign, The day would be over.

+ You can configure JT-Alert to direct DXKeeper to upload each QSO to eQSL as it is logged: in the "Online Logs" panel in the Settings window's

Logging|DXLab DXKeeper

+ page, check the "Instruct DXKeeper to upload each new QSO to eQSL" box.

+ On the "Check Progress" tab of DXKeeper's Main window, clicking the "Club Log" panel's Upload button will submit all logged QSOs to Club Log that haven't already been so submitted.

+ The "Log Publisher" add-in automates the submission of logged QSOs to QRZ and HRDlog:

http://www.dl9ho.de/LogPublisher/LogPublisher.htm

Quick thinking, I bypassed DXKeeper and am running WSJTX Bare on a new (saved ) configuration, deleted my wsxjtx_log.ADI file so all the contacts today will be present for me to log later.

Is there some quick process to add these to my log?

+ Simply direct DXKeeper to import your wsxjtx_log.ADI file. See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/QSOImport

Do I make a new log database?

+ No, since you aren't operating from a new DXCC entity. See the "Log files" section in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Log.htm#Log%20files

Do I make a seperate configuration for DXKeeper?

+ If you're going to log QSOs from DXKeeper, you should set your default "Station Callsign" to AX5OM for the duration of the special event: Configuration window, Defaults tab. Take a similar action in JT-Alert so that the QSOs you log specify the correct "Station Callsign"; if you've already logged QSOs without doing this, you can correct their Station Callsigns when you import the wsxjtx_log.ADI file into DXKeeper using the "Import QSOs" tab's "Replacement options" panel.

In the hopes of someone doing this a million times, was hoping for a "shortcut."

+ I strongly recommend that you review the first three sections (Introductory documentation, Reference documentation, and Goal-oriented documentation) of

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStarted

+ Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

VK5OM@...

Thanks Dave for the comprehensive answer. Appreciated.

The error is from my side in not being more specific in the question.

The uploading of QSOs is already automated for my VK (including Log Publisher, a great time saver) so my understanding is in DX Keeper I just change my station Callsign to AX for the day and afterwards just change it back and there is no need to do anything at the other end IE LOTW etc. .

And to clarify, I do not change the Operator callsign or the  Owner Callsign, they remain VK??

Thanks Dave for the comprehensive answer. Appreciated.

The error is from my side in not being more specific in the question.

The uploading of QSOs is already automated for my VK (including Log Publisher, a great time saver) so my understanding is in DX Keeper I just change my station Callsign to AX for the day and afterwards just change it back and there is no need to do anything at the other end IE LOTW etc. .

+ If you want to submit QSOs made as AX5OM to LoTW, you must request an AX5OM "Callsign Certificate", and use that to submit your QSOs made as AX5OM to LoTW. If you submit your AX5OM QSOs with your VK5OM "Callsign Certificate", none of those QSOs will match what your QSO partners submitted, and thus none of them will be confirmed via LoTW.

+ To request an AX5OM "Callsign Certificate", see

https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/addcertreq/

+ When you receive this "Callsign Certificate", direct TQSL to create a new "Station Location" identical to your current "Station Location", but specifying your AX5OM "Callsign Certificate" instead of your VK5OM "Callsign Certificate". To submit your AX5OM QSOs to LoTW, set the "Station Location" selector to the one you just created (referencing your AX5OM "Callsign Certifciate") in the TQSL panel at the bottom of the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab. For additional information, see "Handling Multiple Callsigns and Operating Locations with LotW" in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/LotWMultipleCallsignsLocations

And to clarify, I do not change the Operator callsign or the Owner Callsign, they remain VK??

+ That's correct.

Joe Subich, W4TV

You will need a new account in eQSL for the alternate callsign and
a new "Certificate" in LotW for the alternate callsign. DXKeeper
will need to be configured for the new callsign in both eQSL and
LotW. See the "multiple callsigns" information in the DXKeeper
WiKi <http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStarted>

On 2021-01-29 4:32 PM, VK5OM@qsl.net wrote:
Thanks Dave for the comprehensive answer. Appreciated.
The error is from my side in not being more specific in the question.
The uploading of QSOs is already automated for my VK (including Log Publisher, a great time saver) so my understanding is in DX Keeper I just change my station Callsign to AX for the day and afterwards just change it back and there is no need to do anything at the other end IE LOTW etc. .
And to clarify, I do not change the Operator callsign or the  Owner Callsign, they remain VK??

VK5OM@...

Had a little headache,

When filtering the log, I used the date.

When I populated the QSL screen, myQTHID defaulted to lower case.

I have screen shots, where would you like them?

Also I have found, even though LOTW accepts 32 chrs QTHid, eQSL does not. Max 20.

I will correspond with eQSL on that.

Had a little headache,

When filtering the log, I used the date.

When I populated the QSL screen, myQTHID defaulted to lower case.

+ In DXKeeper, myQTHIDs are case insensitive, so this is irrelevant.

I have screen shots, where would you like them?

+ Not needed, thanks.

Also I have found, even though LOTW accepts 32 chrs QTHid, eQSL does not. Max 20.

+ Neither LoTW nor eQSL accept myQTHIDs.

I will correspond with eQSL on that.

+ Staff at eQSL will not likely be familiar with the term myQTHID, nor need they be.