Sorting By Dates Change Power

Jim K9TF <jim.gmforum@...>

I would like to filter for Dec 1. 2017 to Dec 4. 2017 how do I do that in the filter.
Once sorted I need to change the power level for those QSOs and how do I do that?
Where do I look for instructions?

Be Well--
Jim K9TF

rcktscientist64

To filter your log, Click on the "ADV" button on the DXKeeper Log QSO's page.  You can filter by date, band, mode, etc.

To modify the QSO's, use this.

You may want to bookmark the Wiki page.

Bruce
K5WBM

--
Bruce
K5WBM

I would like to filter for Dec 1. 2017 to Dec 4. 2017 how do I do that in the filter.
Once sorted I need to change the power level for those QSOs and how do I do that?
Where do I look for instructions?

+ My recent post in

https://groups.io/g/DXLab/message/201821

+ indicates where to find the documentation for filtering the Log Page Display.

+ DXKeeper's "Advanced Logs Sorts, Filter, and Modifiers" window, which appears when you click the Adv button located above the Log Page Display on the Main window's Log QSOs tab or when you click the Advanced button at the bottom of the Main window's Check Progress tab, provides a "UTC Filter panel in which you can

1. click the button to the left of the word "after"

2. specify an "after" date and time and a "and before" date and time

3. click the Filter button to filter the Log Page Display.

+ DXKeeper's "Advanced Logs Sorts, Filter, and Modifiers" window also provides a "Modify QSOs in Log Page Display" panel that provides the ability to modify multiple QSOs "en masse". See the reference documentation in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/ModifyLog.htm

+ or click on of DXKeeper's Help buttons and navigate to " Modifying Multiple QSOs En Masse", and the goal-oriented documentation in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/QSOModifying

+ Be sure to backup your log (Configuration window, Log tab, Backup button) before going anywhere near the "Modify QSOs" panel; it's like a table saw: powerful, but you can lose a finger if you're not careful.

+ Based on your questions, I suggest that you review

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/Logging

Jim K9TF <jim.gmforum@...>

Hi Bruce, thank you
Not seeing where these are:
  1. specify the new value of the item in the Item new value box

  2. click the Mod button to update that item with the specified new value in all QSOs in the Log Page Display

I do have the power category highlighted in blue no other options.

Jim K9TF

Jim K9TF <jim.gmforum@...>

I was able to sort the dates. Adv commands gave me a problem but finally got it to work.

I highlighted the power column all in blue but did not see the following:

  1. specify the new value of the item in the Item new value box
  2. click the Mod button to update that item with the specified new value in all QSOs in the Log Page Display

Be Well--

Jim K9TF

rcktscientist64

Jim,

It's on the bottom of the DXKeeper Advanced Sorts, Filters, & Modifiers page.  Make sure you backup your log before modifying the QSO's in case things don't work as planned.

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 4:43 PM Jim K9TF <jim.gmforum@...> wrote:
Hi Bruce, thank you
Not seeing where these are:
  1. specify the new value of the item in the Item new value box

  2. click the Mod button to update that item with the specified new value in all QSOs in the Log Page Display

I do have the power category highlighted in blue no other options.

Jim K9TF

--
Bruce
K5WBM

  • specify the new value of the item in the Item new value box
  • click the Mod button to update that item with the specified new value in all QSOs in the Log Page Display

+ The controls mentioned above are present in the "Modify QSOs" panel at the bottom of the "Advanced Sorts, Filters, and Modifiers"  window.