Something Quirky

Bruce N7XGR

Dave,  In Commander Messages if I have Capture and display Primary Port
Messages checked and have Interrogation unchecked then there is no
S meter reading on the main screen.
If I then check Interrogation then the S meter works and CI-Vs are scrolling
on the screen.
If I uncheck Capture and display and have Interrogation unchecked
then there is S meter action.
Interrogation is checked on the General tab.

Am I missing something?

Bruce  N7XGR

Dave, In Commander Messages if I have Capture and display Primary Port Messages checked and have Interrogation unchecked then there is no S meter reading on the main screen.

+ correct

If I then check Interrogation then the S meter works and CI-Vs are scrolling on the screen.

+ correct

If I uncheck Capture and display and have Interrogation unchecked then there is S meter action.
Interrogation is checked on the General tab.

+ What sequence of steps results in an checked Interrogation box (Configuration window, General tab) with the Continuous box unchecked in the Messages window's Interrogation panel?

Bruce N7XGR

Dave,  With Interrogation checked on the General tab.
With Capture and display unchecked and Interrogation checked then S meter action in Messages.
If I uncheck Interrogation the S meter freezes or drops to Zero in Messages
If I uncheck Interrogation in Messages then Interrogation unchecks by itself on the General tab.
I close down Commander entirely then restart, both Interrogations (General and Messages)
are both now checked.

Bruce  N7XGR

On Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 12:29 AM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

+ That's intentional. Disabling or enabling interrogation in the Messages window also disables or enables t on the Configuration window's General tab, and disabling or enabling Interrogation on the Configuration window's General tab disables or enables interrogation in the Messages window. Think of it as a single interrogation status that you can control from either the Messages window or the Configuration window's General tab.