Solarhistory.txt how does it work?

Komkit Listisard

Looks like I only see 1 line in the file, there were no history to speak off.  Seem like there was a new line every time I run SC but there was no history.

Does SC depends on another application in order to have a history? Or some option in the SC that I need to enable it?

73, Kit

g4wjs

On 15/06/2021 11:29, Komkit Listisard via groups.io wrote:
Looks like I only see 1 line in the file, there were no history to speak off.  Seem like there was a new line every time I run SC but there was no history.

Does SC depends on another application in order to have a history? Or some option in the SC that I need to enable it?

73, Kit

Hi Kit,

I believe is is summary data extracted from WWV reports broadcast by the DX Cluster nodes you have SpotCollector connected to. Personally I have a user defined command that is sent to each DX Cluster I connect to which sends:

sh/wwv/200

This populates the Solar data in case I have not run SpotCollector for a while. New WWV reprots are added automatically as they are posted (every three hours I think).

The startup commands and suggestions are documented in the SpotCollector manual.

Bill

G4WJS.

Komkit Listisard

Thanks Bill,  I will try that when I get a chance.

Assuming I would put the command in the CMD field in the spot sources Telnet DXCluster settings.

73, Kit

g4wjs

On 15/06/2021 12:11, Komkit Listisard via groups.io wrote:
Thanks Bill,  I will try that when I get a chance.

Assuming I would put the command in the CMD field in the spot sources Telnet DXCluster settings.

73, Kit
Hi Kit,

yes but it needs some escaped control characters as well to enter it. It is all in the following article:

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/CollectingSpots

Bill

G4WJS.