SMS phone text alerts

Don Kerouac K9NR

Setting up DXLab applications has been quite a learning experience.

I have achieved success receiving texts on my phone with cluster spots.
Unfortunately, I receive everything!  The pain of ignorance!

I am working on my DXCC Challenge.  I have 2178 entities, so new ones
not as common as they once were.

My question is how do I configure things to only text me what I only
need and not endless routine DX.

Advice is always appreciated!

73, Don K9NR

Setting up DXLab applications has been quite a learning experience.

I have achieved success receiving texts on my phone with cluster spots.
Unfortunately, I receive everything! The pain of ignorance!

I am working on my DXCC Challenge. I have 2178 entities, so new ones not as common as they once were.

My question is how do I configure things to only text me what I only need and not endless routine DX.

+ In the "Email Alarm trigger" panel on the Configuration window's "Email Alarm" tab, select "Needed". This is step 6 in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/eMailAnnouncements

+ The reference documentation describing this functionality is here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/Help/ConfigurationNotifications.htm

Don Kerouac K9NR

Many thanks Dave...looks like I'm in business!
73, Don K9NR

K9MK

Greetings,

     This is a question with a similar spin to Don's.  I have been using the email alarm feature for the same purpose (DX Challenge needed only) for some time now and quite pleased with the way it works.
However, there is one behavior that I have not been able to figure out.

     I use the "band" filters to basically tell spot collector that I'm only interested in the DX Challenge bands (160m-6m).  But I regularly get email spots for 2m DX spots.  Last night around midnight I guess there was a huge tropo opening in Europe around 0600z and my phone exploded with 2M spots. I use this EU as example as it doesn't matter where the 2M DX is I will get an email SMS.  Other than turning off the email alarm I have been unsuccessful in stopping the 2M spots being sent as an email alarm.  It also shows up as a red box visual in the lower left of the band spread window.

    Is there a tick box or setting I'm missing?

Filters: Top, Low, High, WARC, and 6M.
Mode: SSB, CW, FT8.
Cont: All
Orgin: NA (W, M, E)

Thanks

73  Mike K9MK

[...]

+ So that I can see what's going on, please make screenshots of the "Awards" tab of DXKeeper's Configuration window and the "Email Alarm" tab of SpotCollector's Configuration window, Attach these screenshots to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

      73,

             Dave, AA6TYQ

     This is a question with a similar spin to Don's.  I have been using the email alarm feature for the same purpose (DX Challenge needed only) for some time now and quite pleased with the way it works.
However, there is one behavior that I have not been able to figure out.

     I use the "band" filters to basically tell spot collector that I'm only interested in the DX Challenge bands (160m-6m).  But I regularly get email spots for 2m DX spots.  Last night around midnight I guess there was a huge tropo opening in Europe around 0600z and my phone exploded with 2M spots. I use this EU as example as it doesn't matter where the 2M DX is I will get an email SMS.  Other than turning off the email alarm I have been unsuccessful in stopping the 2M spots being sent as an email alarm.  It also shows up as a red box visual in the lower left of the band spread window.

+ Thanks for sending the screen shots I requested, Mike.

+ In the "DXCC Bands & Modes" panel on the Awards tab of DXKeeper's Configuration window, you have the 2M box checked -- so DXLab thinks you are pursuing DXCC awards on 2M. To prevent email notifications for stations on 2M, uncheck this box. The invoke SpotCollector's Recompute operation (Configuratin window, "Spot Database" tab)

K9MK

GM Dave,

   When I saw the 2M box ticked, I immediately thought that might be related (the smoking gun).  But the reason I never tweaked it off is that I thought the filters in spot collector would have selectively blocking my tracking selections.  Anyways, per your guidance I will make the change and let you know.

   Thanks for all that you do.

73  Mike  K9MK