Topics

Slow Program Response Followup

na5u mlt

I wanted to let the group know that the slow response was solved by a reload of Windows 10. I now have most the programs reloaded, as well as DXLab and all is well.
73,
Mike
NA5U

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 05:25 PM, na5u mlt wrote:

I wanted to let the group know that the slow response was solved by a reload of Windows 10. I now have most the programs reloaded, as well as DXLab and all is well.

+ I'm glad that you got it sorted, Mike. What led you to conclude that reloading Windows 10 would eliminate the poor performance?

na5u mlt

Dave,

In trying to eliminate the various possibilities, I forced it into Safe Mode. When in Safe Mode or at least the start of Safe Mode, it wanted a password; so I entered it and it would not take it. Turns out that is a know problem in some Windows builds (mine had the latest updates). So, I took it to Geek Squad and told them if they couldn’t get it our of Safe Mode just to wipe it and put a new load on. I backup all data off-line so all I had to do was reload the programs, which wasn’t a big deal. Everything is working well; even my graphics card is handling all 13 sq. ft. of monitor space without a problem.

73,

Mike

NA5U

In trying to eliminate the various possibilities, I forced it into Safe Mode. When in Safe Mode or at least the start of Safe Mode, it wanted a password; so I entered it and it would not take it. Turns out that is a know problem in some Windows builds (mine had the latest updates). So, I took it to Geek Squad and told them if they couldn’t get it our of Safe Mode just to wipe it and put a new load on. I backup all data off-line so all I had to do was reload the programs, which wasn’t a big deal. Everything is working well; even my graphics card is handling all 13 sq. ft. of monitor space without a problem.

+ Thanks, Mike. So "Windows was broke" is what led you to re-install it, and a side-effect of the re-install was that the previously slow application performance was no longer present.

Mike NA5U

Yep, Windows again. Thanks all.
NA5U