Silent Hours for Spot Collector

Don Kerouac K9NR

Does Spot Collector have a "Sound Clock" that I am missing?   Much like JTAlert's "Sound Schedule"
it would mute spot announcements in the middle of the night (or whenever you set it to).  Need to
please the XYL...a light sleeper at best and insomniac at worst.  I sometimes forget to manually mute the computers.
Thanks in advance!
73, Don K9NR

Does Spot Collector have a "Sound Clock" that I am missing?

+ No, it does not.

Michael Adams

Something you might look into is https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html .

Among other things, nircmd can be used as a way to mute/unmute a computer's sounds from the command line.

When combined with the Task Scheduler function in Windows, you gain a way to automagically mute and unmute a computer at specific times of day.

Michael / N1EN

Dave K2XR

Could it be simulated using the UTC time features in the BAND filter ?

On 9/20/2021 1:45:29 AM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

Does Spot Collector have a "Sound Clock" that I am missing?

+ No, it does not.

Could it be simulated using the UTC time features in the BAND filter ?

+ Only if the "Audio Alarm trigger" panel (Configuration window, "Audio Alarm" tab) is set to "Needed & Filtered).

+ A better option would be to set the panel to "SQL expression", and specify an expression that limits announcements to a range of time, e.g.

(Len(Needed)>0) and ((Hour(Now)>12) or (Hour(Now)<3))

+ Note that Now returns the date and time in UTC.

73,

Dave, AA6TYQ