Short Path Azimuth not shown on DX Keeper for imported Qs

Rod Greene

DXK does not display the azimuth for Qs that I have imported from N1MM+ (imported .adif file). Qs that I log from the Capture window do display the azimuth okay. I have probably missed an option to do a lookup for azimuth when I do the import. I am using the "ANT_AZ" database item in the Log Page Display.

Have done some checking but not found the option so far. Please point me in the right direction. Thanks and 73, Rod/w7zrc

DXK does not display the azimuth for Qs that I have imported from N1MM+ (imported .adif file). Qs that I log from the Capture window do display the azimuth okay. I have probably missed an option to do a lookup for azimuth when I do the import. I am using the "ANT_AZ" database item in the Log Page Display.

Have done some checking but not found the option so far. Please point me in the right direction.

+ The intent of a logged QSO's Azimuth item is to record the actual heading of your antenna during that QSO. If N1MM didn't include that information in the ADIF file you exported, then this information has been lost unless you remember it or wrote it down, in which case you can manually update the logged QSO in DXKeeper.

+ If you worked a station via the long path, it's certainly worth setting the logged QSO's "Antenna Path" item to L .

+ Selecting a logged QSO in DXKeeper causes DXView's Main window to display the great-circle short path and long path headings from your QTH to your QSO partner's QTH -- so there's no compelling need to update a logged QSO with an empty Azimuth item to record the great-circle heading. If you wish to do so, however, see the instructions here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/QSODistance

Rod Greene

Thanks Dave! 73, Rod

+ AA6YQ comments below