shetland isl and marathon

ghassan chammas

I worked MM1FEO on FT8 lately.

The JTDX software says it is shetland isl. his qrz.com says the same also. It says shetland in scotland.

Now I see that the report of marathon includes GM/S as shetland.

How can I mark this contact as shetland GM/S for marathon? currently it is Scotland, and I tried through dxkeeper but i do not find neither shetland as an entity nor GM/S in dxcc tab drop down list.

Thank you for the help

Ghassan

OD5YA

beirut

lebanon

Joe Subich, W4TV

In DXKeeper's Award panel, set Region to GM/S

On 2021-02-01 9:34 AM, ghassan chammas via groups.io wrote:
[...]

+ Shetland Island is not a DXCC entity. In the DXCC award family, QSOs with Shetland Island "count" as Scotland.

+ CQ awards like "CQ DX Marathon" include all 340 DXCC entities plus 7 regions within DXCC entities: these are listed in Note 5 in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/AwardInfo.htm

+ WAE awards include European DXCC entities plus 6 regions within DXCC entities; these are listed in Note 8 in the above-cited documentation page.

+ Shetland Island counts for both CQ and WAE awards.

+ Whether you're using DXKeeper's Capture window, the "Log QSOs" tab of DXKeeper's Main window, or WinWarbler's Main window to log QSOs, if you specify a DXCC entity that contains a region used by CQ or WAE awards, a Region item will become visible so that you can specify the appropriate region prefix, as specified in the two tables cited above. For Shetland Island, the regions prefix is GM/S.

+ If you're logging QSOs via WSJT-X - with or without JT-Alert - the QSO data that DXKeeper receives for a QSO with a station in a WAE or CQ region will not include the Region item; you must manually add this information after the QSO is logged. The same is true for Holyland "areas" and WAB "squares, as shown in the above-cited web page.

ghassan chammas

Thank you joe and dave
Read, understood, implemented and solved.
Amazing software. It is a gem.
Hats up
Ghassan
Od5ya