From: "Marv Stasak" <marvstasak@...>
Sent: 2020-10-08 11:14:20 PM
Subject: [DXLab] Setting up N1MM+ with DXK problem

I'm trying to set up N1MM+ with DXK.  On the N1MM+ Configure window>configure ports>Broadcast data tab, the instructions are to check the External Callsign Lookup box. That box is greyed out for me and can't be checked.  Any suggestions or ideas as to why? Or should I be asking the N1MM guys? I'm asking here because I found the instructions on the DXlab wiki.

Marv, N8HZM

Marv Stasak

Larry,
Ok. Yes. I changed to another contest and I was able to check the box and enter the IPv4 address. However, another issue:  Using a a sample callsign, it passed through and loaded into DXK, but, even though pathfinder was activated and shows activated in the N1MMDXKeeper Gateway window, info like name and QTH were not filled in.  Call sign, time, frequency, and contest id were about the only info passed through.  I was under the impression that if pathfinder is activated and I have a look up source (QRZ.com) then Name, QTH, etc. get filled in. Where might the problem be?

Marv, N8HZM

dxradio33

Marv, and others.  I use N1MM DXKeeper Gateway.  This software has worked flawless for me. You can read all about it and get the software here: https://www.dxlabsuite.com/N1MM-DXKeeper/index.htm

Ok. Yes. I changed to another contest and I was able to check the box and enter the IPv4 address. However, another issue: Using a a sample callsign, it passed through and loaded into DXK, but, even though pathfinder was activated and shows activated in the N1MMDXKeeper Gateway window, info like name and QTH were not filled in. Call sign, time, frequency, and contest id were about the only info passed through. I was under the impression that if pathfinder is activated and I have a look up source (QRZ.com) then Name, QTH, etc. get filled in. Where might the problem be?

+ The N1MM-DXKeeper Gateway can direct Pathfinder to invoke whichever search you have designated as "automatic", but it extract information from the information displayed by Pathfinder and use it to augment the information logged in QRZ.com.

+ You can however configure DXKeeper to do that. See the "Configuring DXKeeper to use QRZ.com via Pathfinder" section of

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/CallbookLookup>;

Marv Stasak

I  have tried a test call sign.  The Gateway is up and seems to be functioning.  When I enter the call sign in N1MM+(latest version) and hit enter the DXK Log QSO's tab populates only with call sign, mode, date, time,  frequency, contest info.  However ,when I look at the the capture window it has all of that plus other info through pathfinder such as name, QTH, etc.. If I were to save that I would have 2 QSO files for the same event, 1 incomplete and one with all the info.  Something is obviously not working right.  Now, if I ignore the capture window and add another entry through N1MM DXK logs the new (incomplete) entry onto the Log QSOs tab and replaces the previous info in the capture window with the info from pathfinder for the new QSO.

So, the Log QSOs tab is getting the basic info from N1MM that it should  Pathfinder has looked up the call sign and is getting the info  but it isn't putting it where I think it should be putting it--on the Log QSOs Tab. Is there some box I haven't ticked,or something else I should have done ?

Marv, N8HZM                                                                                                                           .

[...]

+ Yes. Please see my previous response in

<https://groups.io/g/DXLab/message/196608>

* AA6YQ correction below
+ The N1MM-DXKeeper Gateway can direct Pathfinder to invoke whichever search you have designated as "automatic", but it extract information from the information displayed by Pathfinder and use it to augment the information logged in QRZ.com.

* The above was meant to say

"The N1MM-DXKeeper Gateway can direct Pathfinder to invoke whichever search you have designated as "automatic", but it does not extract information from the information displayed by Pathfinder and use it to augment the information logged in DXKeeper".

* To repeat: configure DXKeeper to use "QRZ.com via Pathfinder" as a callbook, as described step-by-step in <https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/CallbookLookup>.

Marv Stasak

Dave,   I'd set up Pathfinder Callbook lookup before as per the wiki and I double checked it again.  It functions as it always has for me, filling in the capture window after a call sign is entered or manually filling the QSOs tab if I press the CBA button.  I was under the impression from the wiki description of the N1MM Gateway that name, QTH would be filled in via Pathfinder.  It doesn't do that for me; I get only the contest info from N1MM. It will all go into the capture window as I described before so I know Pathfinder is getting a command but the info doesn't go onto the Log QSOs tab.

73,
Marv, N8HZM

Dave, I'd set up Pathfinder Callbook lookup before as per the wiki and I double checked it again. It functions as it always has for me, filling in the capture window after a call sign is entered or manually filling the QSOs tab if I press the CBA button.

I was under the impression from the wiki description of the N1MM Gateway that name, QTH would be filled in via Pathfinder. It doesn't do that for me; I get only the contest info from N1MM. It will all go into the capture window as I described before so I know Pathfinder is getting a command but the info doesn't go onto the Log QSOs tab.

+ What is the URL for the documentation that gives you the impression that "name, QTH would be filled in via Pathfinder" ?

+ On the "Import QSOs" tab of DXKeeper's Main window, check the "Query callbook and DXCC database for missing items" box in the upper-left corner. When you log a QSO in N1MM with the N1MM-DXKeeper Gateway running, is QSO logged in DXKeeper with information from the callbook selected on the Configuration window's Callbook tab?

Marv Stasak

Dave, Checking the "Query callbook and DXCC database for missing items" box resolved the problem!  Thank you for your help!

73,
Marv, N8HZM