Topics

Sending to LOTW for fhe first time

Ted Boerkamp

Hello to all....I have just completed entering all of my paper logs into DXkeeper.

I have about 12K of logs. They are split up through 3 callsign changes and I have the certificates

for all 3 established at this time. My questions are:

1.       Can I upload all 12K of them at once across all 3 callsigns, or should I be uploading one group/one certificate

at a time? From what I am seeing in my logs, all of them appear to have the LOTW sent button set to R already.

I am expecting some errors to come back at me and thought it might be better to do this in 3 batches instead so

I am not swamped. Any suggestions???

I am looking forward to seeing what happens when I upload so any  advice is most welcome.

73  Ted VE3SS

ND9G Mike

Split them into groups by callsign, you can do this filtering the log page display by station call.

When doing a large batch like that, I would suggest not using the QSL tab and syncing directly with LotW, but instead, use the Export tab and export an ADIF file for LotW. Upload that directly using TQSL. When exporting, it will only export those displayed currently in the log, so when it asks if you want to remove the filter to consider all QSOs, say no.

This will keep your DXKeeper from becoming tied up for an extended period waiting for it to complete.

The R status is normal, it means that DXKeeper think it is requested to upload to LotW. After uploading, if you wait a little while, when you sync the QSOs on the QSL tab, they will change to Y (meaning accepted by LotW).

For future, smaller uploads, you can use the QSL tab in DXKeeper to use Add Requested (which will only add those with an R) then upload the queue directly from DXKeeper.

73,
Mike ND9G

On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 10:47 AM Ted Boerkamp <tboerkamp@...> wrote:

Hello to all....I have just completed entering all of my paper logs into DXkeeper.

I have about 12K of logs. They are split up through 3 callsign changes and I have the certificates

for all 3 established at this time. My questions are:

1.       Can I upload all 12K of them at once across all 3 callsigns, or should I be uploading one group/one certificate

at a time? From what I am seeing in my logs, all of them appear to have the LOTW sent button set to R already.

I am expecting some errors to come back at me and thought it might be better to do this in 3 batches instead so

I am not swamped. Any suggestions???

I am looking forward to seeing what happens when I upload so any  advice is most welcome.

73  Ted VE3SS

Carl - WC4H

Edited

Hi Ted.

No matter how you do it it will take some time at both ends.  That is the LoTW side and your PC's side.

I would just let let DXKeeper do it's thing.  Upload it all, then sync it all.  You do need to wait after the upload before synching, because LoTW will  not handle them instantly.

If there are any errors, DXKeeper will give you an error report and you can attend to them if need be.

Regardless of how you upload, synching up will take some time so just be aware of that.

Once you start the upload then the synching, it's a good time to get a cup of coffee, or do whatever else you wish.  It can be tedious watching the progress.

The good new is that once you do the BIG upload & sync, the rest is fairly fast.

73.
Carl - WC4H

73.
Carl - WC4H

iain macdonnell - N6ML

You can't just "upload it all" (in a single operation) when there are
multiple callsigns involved. The process is described at:

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/LotWMultipleCallsignsLocations

73,

~iain / N6ML

On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 10:17 AM Carl - WC4H via groups.io
<wc4h.dx=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Ted.

No matter how you do it it will take some time at both ends. That is the LoTW side and your PC's side.

I would just let let DXKeeper do it's thing. Upload it all, then sych it all. You do need to wait after the upload before synching, because LoTW will not handle them instantly.

If there are any errors, DXKeeper will give you an error report and you can attend to them if need be.

Regardless of how you upload, syching up will some time so just be aware of that.

Once you start the upload then the synching, it's a good time to get a cup of coffee, or do whatever else you wish. It can be tedious watching the progress.

The good new is that once you do the BIG upload & synch, the rest is fairly fast.

73.
Carl - WC4H

73.
Carl - WC4H

Carl - WC4H

Exactly.  You  still can let DXKeeper do it.   What I'm saying is that there is no need to export then use TQSL.  Here it is:

II. Uploading QSOs to LotW made from one location with multiple Station Callsigns

  1. Filter the Log Page Display to contain only QSOs made with one Station Callsign; you can do this by filtering with an SQL expression like STATION_CALLSIGN='ON4UN'

  2. In the TQSL panel on the QSL Configuration window's LotW tab,

    1. Select the Station Location associated with the location from which you operated; DXKeeper will prompt you to specify a Station Callsign

    2. Specify the Station Callsign for which you filtered the Log Page Display in step 1 (replace [NONE] with the correct callsign)

  3. Upload the QSOs in the Log Page Display to LotW; when you invoke the Add Requested function in step 1.b of the upload instructions, DXKeeper will ask if you want the Log Page Display filter removed; click the No button.

  4. Repeat steps 1-3 for each Station Callsign with which you've operated

    73.
    Carl - WC4H