Sending every received WSKTX spot to Telnet

Rick Samoian <ricksamoian@...>

I need help to stop my system from sending a telnet announcement for every new callsign received when operating FT-8 in WSJT-X.
I'm using a remote flex 6500 radio, WSJT-X 2.4 and of course the latest DXLab for logging and interface control.
Problem started after Flex had software issues a couple of weeks ago.  My guess is this was self inflicted, and is probably a result of my changing a software call made to  WSJT-X or DXLab.SpotCollector during this period.
After over of week + of being in a "do-loop" I am looking for some expert help, and
I would really appreciate your assistance.
Thanks for the BW...........de Rick,W6SR

I need help to stop my system from sending a telnet announcement for every new callsign received when operating FT-8 in WSJT-X.

+ Are you using the direct interoperation between WSJT-X and DXLab, or are you using JT-Alert?

+ What leads you to conclude that an outgoing spot is being benerated for each new callsign decoded by WSJT-X?

I'm using a remote flex 6500 radio, WSJT-X 2.4 and of course the latest DXLab for logging and interface control.
Problem started after Flex had software issues a couple of weeks ago.  My guess is this was self inflicted, and is probably a result of my changing a software call made to  WSJT-X or DXLab.SpotCollector during this period.
After over of week + of being in a "do-loop" I am looking for some expert help, and
I would really appreciate your assistance.
Thanks for the BW...........de Rick,W6

Rick Samoian <ricksamoian@...>

Hi Dave
And thanks for the immediate response.
1. I have JTAlert on the computer, but I don't "believe" it is in control.  What should I search to determine that?
2. The reason I'm say I'm posting is, the spots are listed in the received pane of my spot collector.
I don't wish to clutter an already crowded cluster by posting every spot I receive...............de Rick, W6SR

On 6/13/2021 1:12 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below
[...]

+ If JTAlert is running and configured as described in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesWithJTAlert

+ then it is "in control".

+ If you have configured DXLab and WSJT-X for direct interoperation, as described in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesDirect

+ then JTAlert is not involved.

2. The reason I'm say I'm posting is, the spots are listed in the received pane of my spot collector.

+ By "received pane", do you mean the Main window's "Spot Database Display", or do you mean the "Spot Source" windows made visible when you uncheck a spot source's Hide checkbox on the Configuration window's "Spot Surces" tab?

Rick Samoian <ricksamoian@...>

I believe that it is setup as direct inter-operation, not via JTAlert.

Below is the received panel I was talking about where I see the posts and W6SR as the Source:

On 6/13/2021 1:37 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

And thanks for the immediate response.

1. I have JTAlert on the computer, but I don't "believe" it is in control.  What should I search to determine that?

+ If JTAlert is running and configured as described in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesWithJTAlert

+ then it is "in control".

+ If you have configured DXLab and WSJT-X for direct interoperation, as described in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesDirect

+ then JTAlert is not involved.

2. The reason I'm say I'm posting is, the spots are listed in the received pane of my spot collector.

+ By "received pane", do you mean the Main window's "Spot Database Display", or do you mean the "Spot Source" windows made visible when you uncheck a spot source's Hide checkbox on the Configuration window's "Spot Surces" tab?

+ AA6YQ comments below:
I believe that it is setup as direct inter-operation, not via JTAlert.

Below is the received panel I was talking about where I see the posts and W6SR as the Source:

+ Images are not conveyed here, as they would count against our fixed storage allocation.

+ By "received panel", do you mean the Main window's "Spot Database Display", or do you mean the "Spot Source" windows made visible when you uncheck a spot source's Hide checkbox on the Configuration window's "Spot Sources" tab?

Rick Samoian <ricksamoian@...>

I mean the main display that comes up when spotcollector is invoked from DXlab Launcher........de Rick

[...]

+ Thanks, Rick. SpotCollector's Main window does not display spots, it displays entries in the Spot Database. As described in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/CollectingSpots

+ the Spot Database contains one entry for each active station in a particular mode near a particular frequency; the Source column contains the callsign of the station that most recently spotted the Entry's callsign. SpotCollector harvests information from incoming cluster spots, packet spots, the DX Summit web cluster, and local instances of WSJT-X to create and populate the entries in this database, which can be viewed chronologically in a table, on chart whose axes are frequency and time, on a Bandspread, on a Spectrum-Waterfall (panadaptor), or on a World Map. The above article describes this in detail and is pretty much required reading for new users, as no other amateur radio application provides this functionality. For DXers, it provides DXlab's most powerful capabilities for finding and working needed DX. If you have questions about how this works, don't hesitate to post them here.

+When your instance of WSJT-X running FT8 on 14074 decodes a station C, or decodes a station R reporting that it has decoded a station C, SpotCollector either updates the existing Spot Database Entry for C in FT8 on 14074 (with C's grid square, SNR, and the location of the station that decoded C), or creates and populates a new Spot Database Entry for C in FT8 on 14074 if such an entry doesn't already exist. No outgoing spot is sent to the DX Cluster network.

+ The only ways to generate an outgoing spot are by using the "Outgoing spot" panel at the top of SpotCollector's Main window, by using the Spot button in DXKeeper's Capture window (to spot a station you're about to log), or by using the Spot button in the "QSO Info" panel on WinWarbler's Main window (to spot a station you're about to log). See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GeneratingSpots