Semi-Computer Failure

Fred - NA2U

While working with Microsoft support via chat the other day I mysteriously lost access to my primary user on my computer. DXLAB is installed there. In anticipation of a potential problem just prior I backed up my ENTIRE DXLAB folder to DropBox. Whether or not this will be sufficient to successfully reinstall is still to be seen.

I cannot view the files for the primary user. I downloaded and installed Launcher. The "LEDS" are all red. So it knows the other applications are installed but I'm not able to access them. Fortunately, I have not modified any of the apps except DXKeeper (I have ALL databases backed up) and WinWarbler, which I have used in years.

How best to proceed? I know about backups. Mea culpa. I'm not sure it would have helped with the different "User" situation.

Thanks in advance.

73 from the desert,

Fred/NA2U

While working with Microsoft support via chat the other day I mysteriously lost access to my primary user on my computer. DXLAB is
installed there. In anticipation of a potential problem just prior I backed up my ENTIRE DXLAB folder to DropBox. Whether or not
this will be sufficient to successfully reinstall is still to be seen.

I cannot view the files for the primary user.

+ What is (or was) the pathname of your DXLab folder. Does Windows Explorer show that this folder still exists? Do its sub-folders
for each DXLab application exist?

I downloaded and installed Launcher. The "LEDS" are all red.

+ That means the Windows Registry considers each of your DXLab applications (and the components they employ) to be installed.

So it knows the other applications are installed but I'm not able to access them. Fortunately, I have not modified any of the
apps except DXKeeper (I have ALL databases backed up) and WinWarbler, which I have used in years.

How best to proceed? I know about backups. Mea culpa. I'm not sure it would have helped with the different "User" situation.

+ If your DXLab folder and its sub-folders were deleted, copy your DXLab folder and constituent folders from DropBox back to its
original location on your PC. Since the applications were not uninstalled, you should be able to start the Launcher, and the
Launcher should be able to start your DXLab applications.

Fred - NA2U

Thanks, Dave. I created new "paths" to Drive C: and all apps are now running. BUT, Launcher is not recognizing the path C:\DXLAB\Launcher\Launcher.exe. In Launcher config the path points to the saved files in DropBox and the path is grayed-out and I can't change it. This doesn't seem the best course. Any ideas?

73,

[...]

GameStop Soars, but Rest of Wall Street Is Slammed
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/601546c677eb846c64df6st02vuc1
Fauci Calls Virus Mutations a 'Wake-Up Call'
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/601546c69b13646c64df6st02vuc2
FBI: DC Pipe Bombs Were Planted Night Before Riot
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/601546c6be94946c64df6st02vuc3

Thanks, Dave. I created new "paths" to Drive C: and all apps are now running. BUT, Launcher is not recognizing the path C:\DXLAB\Launcher\Launcher.exe. In Launcher config the path points to the saved files in DropBox and the path is grayed-out and I can't change it. This doesn't seem the best course. Any ideas?
+ The Launcher obtains its "program path" from Windows. Since this "program path" cannot be changed without uninstalling and re-installing the Launcher, the Launcher displays it as "grayed out" (meaning "unchangeable").

Fred - NA2U

 From documentation:  "Do not click the Install Launcher button if the Launcher is already installed on your PC. If you're not sure, here's how to check."

I was going to install Launcher again into the correct directory and reassociate the other apps but it looks like I'll have to stick with the DropBox location for Launcher.  Is that correct?  I'm sorry, Dave. Thanks.

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 09:48 AM, Fred - NA2U wrote:
I was going to install Launcher again into the correct directory and reassociate the other apps but it looks like I'll have to stick with the DropBox location for Launcher.  Is that correct?
+ You can direct Windows to uninstall the Launcher, and then re-install it in the desired location.