Script Error

Julio Peralta

Starting yesterday I also have been getting Script Error every time Path finder looks up a call. The hide Script Errors box is checked in the path finder config setup menu and IE explorer is set to 11 as is Emulation.

Something else must be going on.

Julio

Starting yesterday I also have been getting Script Error every time Path finder looks up a call. The hide Script Errors box is
checked in the path finder config setup menu and IE explorer is set to 11 as is Emulation.

Something else must be going on.

+ Is that the case for every web page that you direct Pathfinder to display, or just web pages from one online callbook? If the
latter, which one?

+ Note that Windows Explorer does in some circumstances ignore the "ignore script errors" setting; that's a defect in Windows
Explorer that I cannot correct.

Julio Peralta

IE is not showing an error message with each
lookup. It appears that it is only with PF. PF is
completing the look up.

Julio

Starting yesterday I also have been getting Script
Error every time Path finder looks up a call. The
hide Script Errors box is
checked in the path finder config setup menu and
IE explorer is set to 11 as is Emulation.

Something else must be going on.

+ Is that the case for every web page that you
direct Pathfinder to display, or just web pages
from one online callbook? If the
latter, which one?

+ Note that Windows Explorer does in some
circumstances ignore the "ignore script errors"
setting; that's a defect in Windows
Explorer that I cannot correct.

IE is not showing an error message with each lookup. It appears that it is only with PF. PF is completing the look up.

+ Pathfinder *is* IE, Julio.

+ Is Pathfinder displaying script errors for every web page in every online callbook, every web page in just one online callbook
(which one?), or just some web pages in just one online callbook (which web page?).

+ I just directed Pathfinder to display QSL information for 10 different callsigns around the world -- including yours -- but
encountered not a single script error report.

Julio Peralta

Yes I know PF is IE.

Well I did several lookups using the other
services in PF some displayed the Script error
some did not. The last one I tried was QRZ and no
Script Error so I minimized PF as I usually run it
and the script Errors have stopped.

Julio

IE is not showing an error message with each
lookup. It appears that it is only with PF. PF is
completing the look up.

+ Pathfinder *is* IE, Julio.

+ Is Pathfinder displaying script errors for every
web page in every online callbook, every web page
in just one online callbook
(which one?), or just some web pages in just one
online callbook (which web page?).

+ I just directed Pathfinder to display QSL
information for 10 different callsigns around the
world -- including yours -- but
encountered not a single script error report.

Well I did several lookups using the other
services in PF some displayed the Script error
some did not. The last one I tried was QRZ and no
Script Error so I minimized PF as I usually run it
and the script Errors have stopped.

+ It would be helpful to have several specific searches (e.g. this callsign in that search/source) that result in Pathfinder reporting a script error.

Julio Peralta

Dave it appears that all the Script Error popups have stopped. I can’t get any of the services to show a pop up error dialog window.

Julio

Well I did several lookups using the other
services in PF some displayed the Script error
some did not. The last one I tried was QRZ and no
Script Error so I minimized PF as I usually run it
and the script Errors have stopped.

+ It would be helpful to have several specific searches (e.g. this callsign in that search/source) that result in Pathfinder reporting a script error.

Dave it appears that all the Script Error popups have stopped. I can’t get any of the services to show a pop up error dialog window.

+ During this episode, did you encounter a script error from a source other than QRZ.com?

Julio Peralta

Yes but I can't remember which ones they were. I was just clicking buttons.

Julio