SComm32x

James Gill

I just installed DXLab. I'm on Win10. I installed the launcher, commander, propview and dxview. When I try to launch dxview I get an error message -- DXView Scomm 9112 upgrade -- "SComm32x.ocx failed to registered after 51 retries . . . " My C drive is too small so DXLab is on my G drive. I find that file in the Components folder ver. 9.1.0.12. Do I need to upgrade that file and if so where would I find it?

Thanks

Jim - W4GMU

I just installed DXLab. I'm on Win10. I installed the launcher, commander, propview and dxview. When I try to launch dxview I get an error message -- DXView Scomm 9112 upgrade -- "SComm32x.ocx failed to registered after 51 retries . . . " My C drive is too small so DXLab is on my G drive. I find that file in the Components folder ver. 9.1.0.12. Do I need to upgrade that file and if so where would I find it?

+ Version 9.1.0.12 is the correct version of Scomm.

+ Please do the following:

1. reboot Windows into "Safe Mode with Networking"

2. start the DXLab Launcher

3. direct the Launcher to start DXView

+ Does the error message still appear?

4. Reboot Windows normally

James Gill

Thank you, Dave. I restarted into Safe mode and followed your instructions. DXView launched OK. Restarted back into Win10 and DXView launched fine. It showed me I have a lot to learn about how to make it work.

Thank you, Dave. I restarted into Safe mode and followed your instructions. DXView launched OK. Restarted back into Win10 and DXView launched fine. It showed me I have a lot to learn about how to make it work.
+ That result means that an application automatically started when Windows is booted normally was preventing DXView from Registering Scomm32x. Most of the time, the culprit is your anti-malware; see "Applications that can Interfere with DXLab Applications" in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ApplicationInteference

+ If your anti-malware is indeed at fault, configure it to consider each of your DXLab applications to be "safe".