SC WSJT gateway question

Jim Miller, AB3CV

If i double click on a spot in SC should the gateway to WSJT cause WSJT to follow to the spotted band?

73

jim ab3cv

If i double click on a spot in SC should the gateway to WSJT cause WSJT to follow to the spotted band?

+ Is WSJT-X directly interoperating with DXLab, or are you using JT-Alert?

Jim Miller, AB3CV

Hi Dave

I don't use JTAlert. Just DXLabs directly thru gateway to WSJT.

All latest updates.

73

jim ab3cv

I don't use JTAlert. Just DXLabs directly thru gateway to WSJT.

+ Then double-clicking the Spot Database Entry for a station operating in a K1JT mode should produce the behavior described in the "Selecting a Spot Database Entry" section of

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesDirect

+ Does it not do so?

Jim Miller, AB3CV

It does populate the specified fields but Commander freq and WSJT Band/freq are not changed.

For example I'm listening for new ones on 6m FT8 the a spot comes up in SC showing something in 10m FT8.  Double clicking the spot fills in the call, etc but freq does not change to 10m in either Commander or WSJT. I then need to use WSJT pull down to select 10m which Commander follows properly.

Perhaps I don't have something set right.

FWIW I'm using TCP to control the K4. Probably doesn't make a difference.

Jim ab3cv

For example I'm listening for new ones on 6m FT8 the a spot comes up in SC showing something in 10m FT8.  Double clicking the spot fills in the call, etc but freq does not change to 10m in either Commander or WSJT. I then need to use WSJT pull down to select 10m which Commander follows properly.

+ OK. So that I can see what's going on, please do the following:

1. on the Configuration window's General tab, check the "log debugging info" box

2. terminate DXKeeper

3. start DXKeeper, and wait for all spot sources to fully connect

4.configure WSJT-C to monitor 6M, and wait for its "Band Activity" panel to display a few batches of 6M stations

5. in SpotCollector, double-click an entry for a station operating in FT8 or FT4 on 10m

6. on the Configuration window's General tab, uncheck the "log debugging info" box

7. attach the errorlog.txt and SC_WSJTX_Errorlog.txt files to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

It does populate the specified fields but Commander freq and WSJT Band/freq are not changed.

For example I'm listening for new ones on 6m FT8 the a spot comes up in SC showing something in 10m FT8.  Double clicking the spot fills in the call, etc but freq does not change to 10m in either Commander or WSJT. I then need to use WSJT pull down to select 10m which Commander follows properly

+ When a Spot Database Entry for a station operating on 10m FT8 is double-clicked, SpotCollector can only direct Commander to QSY to the bottom of the 10m FT8 sub-band if the selected sub-band definition file contains an entry that defines the 10m FT8 sub-band. This requirement was missing from the "Selecting a Spot Database Entry" section of

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesDirect

+ This defect in the documentation has been corrected.

Jim Miller, AB3CV

Updating Bandmodes.txt got the nice result expected.

However I checked the date on the bandmodes.txt I was previously using and it was from 6/11/2005!

Since it doesn't get automatically replaced make sure to look at the date of your file and update to the latest!

73

jim ab3cv

Updating Bandmodes.txt got the nice result expected.

However I checked the date on the bandmodes.txt I was previously using and it was from 6/11/2005!

Since it doesn't get automatically replaced make sure to look at the date of your file and update to the latest!

+ When an updated sub-band definition file is included with an updated version of SpotCollector, it is described in that version's release notes.

+ The update process does not automatically change the "Sub-band Definition" panel's setting (at the bottom of the Configuration window's General tab), as that would be inappropriate for users maintaining their own custom sub-band definition file.