Topics

SC_WSJT Failing due to port in use error, after initially working.

Mike Flowers

Hi Jon,

Any TX activity preceding this failure?

-- 73 de Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "It's about DX!"

On Oct 6, 2020, at 6:50 PM, Jon Gefaell <jon@...> wrote:

If I reboot my computer, and start up applications with Launcher, everything works for a period. WSJT works, spotting is done, logging is done. Then suddenly it doesn't work and attempts to re-enable WSJT in Spotcollector fail. The connection status window comes up, show spot collector connected, wsjt is not, and some message appears inside, but the 'disabling' message comes up instantly, cover the status window (and it's message) which disappears.

I'm trying to track down something like Unix 'lsof' to see who's bound to the port, but I'm not starting, or starting multiple instances of WSJT-X.

Any ideas? Thank you, this is really harshing my buzz. Need to be able to log! :)

This is the relevant line from the error log:

2020-10-07 01:28:37.592 > WSJTXModule.WSJTXBind: Cannot accept WSJT-X requests via UDP  port 2239 because another application is already using this port

Any TX activity preceding this failure?
+ Mike, I can't find the original poster's message. Please point me at it. Thanks!

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 7:31 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@ambersoft.com> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

Any TX activity preceding this failure?

+ Mike, I can't find the original poster's message. Please point me at it. Thanks!
It was https://groups.io/g/DXLab/message/196564 , but it appears to
have been deleted.

73,

~iain / N6ML

Dave AA6YQ

* more AA6YQ comments below

+ AA6YQ comments below

Any TX activity preceding this failure?

+ Mike, I can't find the original poster's message. Please point me at it. Thanks!
It was https://groups.io/g/DXLab/message/196564 , but it appears to
have been deleted.
* Thanks, Iain! I'll go check my email client...

        Dave

If I reboot my computer, and start up applications with Launcher, everything works for a period. WSJT works, spotting is done, logging is done. Then suddenly it doesn't work and attempts to re-enable WSJT in Spotcollector fail. The connection status window comes up, show spot collector connected, wsjt is not, and some message appears inside, but the 'disabling' message comes up instantly, cover the status window (and it's message) which disappears.

I'm trying to track down something like Unix 'lsof' to see who's bound to the port, but I'm not starting, or starting multiple instances of WSJT-X.

EDIT: Looks like JTAlert. but I can't find anywhere it's configured to use this port. And it doesn't get itself involved until some point after things are working.

C:\Users\jon>netstat -ano | find "2239" | more

UDP 0.0.0.0:2239 *:* 11024

C:\Users\jon>tasklist |find "11024"

JTAlertV2.Manager.exe 11024 Console 1 7,316 K

Any ideas? Thank you, this is really harshing my buzz. Need to be able to log! :)

This is the relevant line from the error log:

2020-10-07 01:28:37.592 > WSJTXModule.WSJTXBind: Cannot accept WSJT-X requests via UDP port 2239 because another application is already using this port

+ I'm guessing a bit, but since you mention JTAlert above: you can either use JT-Alert (which interoperates with DXLab), or you can configure WSJT-X to interoperate directly with DXLab; you cannot do both simultaneously. See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModes>;

+ If you don't have JT-Alert running, let me know and we'll take the next diagnostic step.

Jon Gefaell

Sorry guys! You know how sometimes just typing out a question for an issue you've been troubleshooting sometimes brings that moment of clarity? Rubber Duck Debugging?

I realized that the configuration is different with, or without JTAlert. I eliminated JTalert and kept getting SC<->WSJT errors and timeouts with DXKeeper. So, now as of moments ago I'm back to using JTAlert with everything configured (it seems) correctly and smooth runnings.

I really don't get anyting out of JTAlert, it's decodes take much too long to be of any use to me. But it makes for better WSJT interoperation with DX Lab Suite if JTAlert is in the middle it seems.

Thanks!

Jon Gefaell

Edited

Spoke too soon! AAARRGGHHHHH IT was working, then suddenly with no changed it's no longer conveying spots to SC, not logging to DXK, or going look ups in PF. @#$@#%$@$

Last station logged, spotted or looked up was AG5CN. Worked K0YA which wasn't logged, nor looked up and no local spots are showing up either. In fact, it appears that JTAlert isn't seeing anything from WSJT-X suddenly. I'll restart everthing, again. That'll work for a period of time... Any idea?

I'm able to paste a graphic in this editor, but when I save it doesn't appear. ???

Sorry guys! You know how sometimes just typing out a question for an issue you've been troubleshooting sometimes brings that moment of clarity? Rubber Duck Debugging?

I realized that the configuration is different with, or without JTAlert. I eliminated JTalert and kept getting SC<->WSJT errors and timeouts with DXKeeper. So, now as of moments ago I'm back to using JTAlert with everything configured (it seems) correctly and smooth runnings.

I really don't get anyting out of JTAlert, it's decodes take much too long to be of any use to me. But it makes for better WSJT interoperation with DX Lab Suite if JTAlert is in the middle it seems.

+ If you're not using JT-Alert, then I suggest that you terminate it and then follow the configuration instructions in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesDirect>;

+ If this doesn't get you going, let me know and I'll suggest a diagnostic course of action.

I'm able to paste a graphic in this editor, but when I save it doesn't appear. ???

+ This group is free, which means that our storage allocation is modest. Attachments "count" against that allocation. I don't care to spend time continually deleting attachments from old posts, so attachments are disabled. If its' necessary to send me something, please attach it to an email message, and send the message to

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

neil_zampella

Which version of JT-Alert are you using?   The latest version keeps up with the decoding in WSJT-X v2.3.0-RC1 quite well.

Neil, KN3ILZ