Topics

SC unknown prefix for TX7T after upgrade

Chad Kurszewski

I have upgraded to  SpotCollector 8.4.5, CTL-clicked Club Log button in DXV, hit the update button in DXV, cleared and recomputed SC.  Now all spots of TX7T are showing up with Pfx of "?".

I noticed in the overrides, that Clublog has the EndDate of 17-Nov. When I changed the end date to 18-Nov and recomputed SC, then the correct prefix was determined.

So the question is, if the DXpedition has an end date, shouldn't that end date be included in the computation?
If the DXpedition says Nov 1-17, I would think that QSOs (or spots) on any date 1-17, would be valid.
(Nevermind that other sources say Nov 19 for TX7T.)

73,
Chad WE9V

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 7:26 AM Chad Kurszewski <chad.kurs@...> wrote:

I have upgraded to SpotCollector 8.4.5, CTL-clicked Club Log button in DXV, hit the update button in DXV, cleared and recomputed SC. Now all spots of TX7T are showing up with Pfx of "?".

I noticed in the overrides, that Clublog has the EndDate of 17-Nov. When I changed the end date to 18-Nov and recomputed SC, then the correct prefix was determined.

So the question is, if the DXpedition has an end date, shouldn't that end date be included in the computation?
If the DXpedition says Nov 1-17, I would think that QSOs (or spots) on any date 1-17, would be valid.
(Nevermind that other sources say Nov 19 for TX7T.)
It appears that DXView is throwing away part of the "dates" supplied
by Club Log. In the case of TX7T, the "end date" (per the Club Log
Call Tester) is "2019-11-17 23:59:59", but DXView shows it as just
"2019-11-17", which is probably be treated as "2019-11-17 00:00:00".

73,

~iain / N6ML

[...]

+ That's correct. I have modified the next version of DXView to increment the "end date" if the specified end time is other than 00:00:00. Thus

2019-11-17 00:00:01

+ would be treated as 2019-11-18, as would 2019-11-17 23:59:59 .