Topics

SC Special Call Sign Colors

wb6bee

You can load various sets of Call signs into spot collector-special call signs.    Stations to avoid, Stations you need for an Award or stations in your favorite club or organization.    Just various files you load into SC Special Call sign tab.

They all show up the same color in log/spectrum

I wonder if it would be possible to differentiate the colors from the various lists that are loaded into SC.   Log and Spectrum entries would be color coded according to your individual "special call" lists.

Don
WB6BEE

You can load various sets of Call signs into spot collector-special call signs. Stations to avoid, Stations you need for an Award or stations in your favorite club or organization. Just various files you load into SC Special Call sign tab.

They all show up the same color in log/spectrum

I wonder if it would be possible to differentiate the colors from the various lists that are loaded into SC. Log and Spectrum entries would be color coded according to your individual "special call" lists.

+ There are already 6 font colors available on the "Spot Database Display" tab of Spotcollector's Configuration window. It would be difficult to choose more font colors that contrast with the 4 available background colors.

wb6bee

I have FOC members loaded.   I have DXCC needed loaded.    I have  FOC members that I have not worked yet loaded.    Three different subsets of special call signs.  They all show "pink" in then Commander spectrum.   I am asking about different colors for the individual subsets in Special call signs.    Not possible or not worth it, I am ok.   Just seeing if I am missing something.

Don
WB6BEE

I have FOC members loaded. I have DXCC needed loaded. I have FOC members that I have not worked yet loaded. Three different subsets of special call signs. They all show "pink" in then Commander spectrum. I am asking about different colors for the individual subsets in Special call signs. Not possible or not worth it, I am ok. Just seeing if I am missing something.

+ I understood your request, Don. Technically, it's possible. The problem is that each font color must be different than the other font colors, and contrast with each background color.

Jon KM8V

For what it's worth, I will +1 for this request. I'd love to be able to utilize / specify both foreground and background color combinations for this kind of highlighting for various criteria, such as:

ATNO
Needed Marathon M or N
Member of a Special Callsigns group (by group)

Personally I do not find the background LoTW/eQSL highlighting all that valuable, and my SpotCollector window spends most of its time filled entirely with purple rows.

I understand it's low priority, but just wanted to log my vote.

73 de KM8V