Topics

SC Propagation Monitor Email Issue

Russ Ravella

Hi Dave,

I'm trying SC's Station Propagation Monitor Email service.  I successfully receive emails every 1/2 hour but the table area in them is blank.  The row and column headers appear but there is nothing where the actual numbers should be, not even zeros.

I am able to obtain propagation predicts from PV no problem and every related function I can think of works perfectly, just no table in the email.  I've tried my own call and others in the SC>Config>Email Alarm>Station Propagation Monitor panel "email" box to no avail.  The panel is enabled.  This is the first time I've tried to use this function so I have no previous history to report but everything else in DXL is humming along like a top as usual.

Might I have missed a setting somewhere?  I've read the documentation before posting but I've certainly missed things before.
Thanks,
Russ, KR6W

I'm trying SC's Station Propagation Monitor Email service. I successfully receive emails every 1/2 hour but the table area in them is blank. The row and column headers appear but there is nothing where the actual numbers should be, not even zeros.

I am able to obtain propagation predicts from PV no problem and every related function I can think of works perfectly, just no table in the email. I've tried my own call and others in the SC>Config>Email Alarm>Station Propagation Monitor panel "email" box to no avail. The panel is enabled. This is the first time I've tried to use this function so I have no previous history to report but everything else in DXL is humming along like a top as usual.

Might I have missed a setting somewhere? I've read the documentation before posting but I've certainly missed things before.

+ In the "Station Propagation Monitor" panel on the "Email Alarm" panel of SpotCollector's Configuration window, what Callsign have you specified? Has that Callsign been spotted?

Russ Ravella

I put a test call in there that had not been spotted but has a strong FT8 signal here (K6AMS). I think I misunderstood that any call could be entered in anticipation of a possible QSO. Is it the case that the email reports the propagation of an entered call only if and when it is spotted? Otherwise blank?

Thanks, KR6W

On Dec 5, 2019, at 11:00 PM, Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

+ SC's Propagation Monitor enables you to monitor actual propagation between a specified callsign and 8 regions of the world by reporting spots of that station every 30 minutes. If the callsign you specify isn't spotted during the past 30 minutes, the email message you receive will correctly be empty.

Russ Ravella

Hi Dave,

Ok, that explains it. Thanks as always.

Russ, KR6W