Topics

SC not showing spots

Rod Greene

I currently have NC7J, VE7CC and W7JD spot sources connected to SC. Looking at SC display, it only shows spots from NC7J and every so often from W7JD. I have double checked to make sure VE7CC is connected and it is. (Using 127.0.0.1 and port 7300) If I open VE7CC window, it shows connected and if I double click on one of the entries there, my transceiver QSYs to that frequency, and the Spot Source Status buttons show connected.

If I filter in SC for one of the entries (CALL) that appear in VE7CC window, nothing will display in SC. So it looks like the spot never made it to the SC database.

I have also double checked the filters that I have set in SC Config to make sure I am not excluding anything that way.

Suggestions please. TIA and 73, Rod/w7zrc

Ron KU7Y

Morning Rod,

I use port 23 and address of ve7cc.net and it's working fine for me.

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y

Mountain Home, ID  DN23dc

CW Ops #1211

SKCC #4904

QRP ARCI #8829

SOC #2

Idaho DX Association

Ron@...

I currently have NC7J, VE7CC and W7JD spot sources connected to SC. Looking at SC display, it only shows spots from NC7J and every so often from W7JD. I have double checked to make sure VE7CC is connected and it is. (Using 127.0.0.1 and port 7300) If I open VE7CC window, it shows connected and if I double click on one of the entries there, my transceiver QSYs to that frequency, and the Spot Source Status buttons show connected.

If I filter in SC for one of the entries (CALL) that appear in VE7CC window, nothing will display in SC. So it looks like the spot never made it to the SC database.

I have also double checked the filters that I have set in SC Config to make sure I am not excluding anything that way.

Suggestions please. TIA and 73, Rod/w7zrc

Ed Pflueger

I kind of have the same problem with 127.0.0.1:7300 on one of my PC’s.  One of mine works fine and the other one doesn’t.  The one that doesn’t work works fine into EI7MRE and the other two.

Ed.. AB4IQ

[...]

+ Assuming that a spot arrives from one of SpotCollector's connected Spot Sources, there are several reasons why it might not be used to update your Spot Database -- either by creating a first Spot Database Entry for the spotted station (on the spotted band in the spotted mode) or by updating an existing Spot Database Entry for that station (on the spotted band in the spotted mode):

1. the spot is "too old"

1a. check the "Maximum Age of incoming spots" setting on the Configuration window's "Spot Database" tab; I recommend 60 (minutes)

1b. check that your computer's time and time zone have been set correctly (often the root cause of "no spot database entries" disease after installing SpotCollector on a new computer)

2. the spotted callsign is listed in SpotCollector's "Special Callsign" list with no tag (meaning "ignore incoming spots of this callsign")

3. the callsign of the station that generated the spot is listed in SpotCollector's "Special Callsign" list with a "badsource" tag (meaning "ignore incoming spots generated by this callsign")

+ If an incoming spot does create or update an entry in the Spot Database, its visibility in the Spot Database Display is governed by your filter settings, as described in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/SpotDatabaseFilter>

+ Unless the caption of the Filter panel at the bottom of SpotCollector's Main window is "Filter: None", your view of the Spot Database is being filtered.

+ To remove all filtering from the Spot Database Display, depress the CTRL key while clicking the Filter panel's X button.

+ For more information, see

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/EmptyDatabase>

Rod Greene

Thanks Dave, I'm pretty sure I have it working well now. Was the port # that I had wrong. Thanks Ron for spotting that.

73 and best Holiday Wishes to all. Sure appreciate your excellent support Dave!    - Rod/w7zrc

+ AA6YQ comments below