Topics

SC & DXK link to WSJTX

Joe - KC2TN

To ALL:

To close the loop on a problem I had with WSJT-X logging into DXKeeper, I’ve highlighted the solution for other’s below.

The problem I was having had to do with QSO’s NOT logging automatically into DXKeeper when the Spot Collector Database reached a size of approximately 30,000 entries.

The QSO’s would be logged fine when the entries in the Spot Collector Database were LOW,
but would begin to slow and then eventually FAIL to log altogether as the Database grew in size.

I originally thought it was a database size issue but after working with Dave and a few custom releases of SC installed,
Dave noticed SLOW database write times between transactions for every spot checked and written to the database.

We then started to address performance issues on my computer, which BTW is no slouch with a Ryzen 7-3700X 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor and SSD drives.

Turns out I was being bit by the Virus\Malware protection software I was using.
I had “MalwareBytes” installed for which I HAD EXCLUDED the \DXLab folder,
BUT I had neglected to exclude it from “Windows Defender”.

So, the moral of the story Is , CHECK ALL of the Virus and Malware programs you’re running and add the exclusions for DXLab programs.

Keep in mind I didn’t notice the slow down until the QSO’s began to fail on logging.
Now things are running much faster and smoother.
If you suspect a sluggish computer or experience errors, check your Virus\Malware software settings.

My timings went from a Max of 70 milliseconds per Spot down to 5-10 milliseconds.

Thanks AGAIN for the rescue Dave,
Joe -KC2TN