SC alert to any/all spots ?

Andrew OBrien

It's been years since I made any changes to DX Joe and the Spotcollector filters. For detecting band opening and ANY signals on VFH, then having Joe DX yell loudly from the next room,  I would like to remove the normal filtering for announcements.  I'm a little confused about the "needed" and "unconfirmed" buttons. Is there a filter nothing at all option?  I would not be connected to any clusters, just mining what my own software decodes and forwards to SC (mostly FT8 and occasionally CW)

Andy K3UK

Dave AA6YQ

It's been years since I made any changes to DX Joe and the Spotcollector filters. For detecting band opening and ANY signals on VFH, then having Joe DX yell loudly from the next room, I would like to remove the normal filtering for announcements. I'm a little confused about the "needed" and "unconfirmed" buttons.

+ To what "needed" and "unconfirmed" buttons are you referring? The buttons in the "Font Colors" panel in the upper-left corner of the Configuration window's "Spot Database Display" tab?

Is there a filter nothing at all option?

+ That's the default. After applying a filter, you can return to "filter nothing at all" by clicking the X button in the Filter panel at the bottom of the Main window.

+ If you want every newly-created Spot Database Entry announced, then in the "Audio Alarm trigger" panel on the Configuration window's "Audio Alarm" tab, set the large box to the right of the "SQL expression" button to

TRUE

+ and then click the "SQL expression" button.

I would not be connected to any clusters, just mining what my own software decodes and forwards to SC (mostly FT8 and occasionally CW)

+ Note that it takes Joe DX a good 10 seconds to announce an active station.

ART W2NRA

I prefer CW announcements and they are easy to make at any speed you want with Winmorse2.

73, Art W2NRA
CWOPS #1955

On Jan 29, 2021, at 11:41 AM, Andrew OBrien <k3ukandy@...> wrote:

It's been years since I made any changes to DX Joe and the Spotcollector filters. For detecting band opening and ANY signals on VFH, then having Joe DX yell loudly from the next room,  I would like to remove the normal filtering for announcements.  I'm a little confused about the "needed" and "unconfirmed" buttons. Is there a filter nothing at all option?  I would not be connected to any clusters, just mining what my own software decodes and forwards to SC (mostly FT8 and occasionally CW)

Andy K3UK

I prefer CW announcements and they are easy to make at any speed you want with Winmorse2.

+ A zip archive containing SpotCollector announcements in CW is available here:

https://groups.io/g/DXLab/files/SpotCollector%20Announcements

Andrew OBrien

Thanks Dave and Art.  I have the settings now that announce anything received in WSJTX , FT8. Useful for lazy boy band monitoring while watching soccer in the next room.  I did not know about the CW announce option.  I think that may be even better, will download and install.
73 de Andy K3UK

+ AA6YQ comments below