SC 9.0.5

Stephen Rabinowitz

Four initial cluster commands are enabled (all except for packet cluster) . After closing SC and restarting, they are no longer enabled. The first source is NN1D. On starting SC, that shows "not connected," the others are all connected. No spots arrive from NN1D. When I disconnect and reconnect, spots arrive, all remains well.
73, Steve K2SN

Joe Subich, W4TV

I'm seeing a pattern here ...

All of the clusters mentioned so far have been DX Spider based and in
the cases where the information has been reported, that has been the
first one in the list.

Just on a hunch, I changed the order of my clusters and moved a CC
Cluster node into the first slot and the DX Spider cluster into the
third slot. Now it's the CC Cluster node that is connecting then
showing the red disconnected indication but still sending spots (and
SC is processing them).

Dave, I think there is something strange about the first cluster
slot.

On 2022-01-12 4:24 PM, Stephen Rabinowitz wrote:
Four initial cluster commands are enabled (all except for packet cluster) . After closing SC and restarting, they are no longer enabled. The first source is NN1D. On starting SC, that shows "not connected," the others are all connected. No spots arrive from NN1D. When I disconnect and reconnect, spots arrive, all remains well.
73, Steve K2SN

Phil Cooper

Hi Dave, and Joe,

Just seen your message Joe, and to add some more info, my two clusters are on slots 2 and 4, not 1.
I will try slot 1 (used to test other sources here) tomorrow, and see if the red button remains.

73 de Phil GU0SUP

On 2022-01-12 4:24 PM, Stephen Rabinowitz wrote:
[...]

+ Thanks, Joe! I will investigate.

Dale Drake

I’m seeing similar results with an AR cluster telnet site in the first slot.  It’s not consistent though, i.e. it doesn’t happen every time I start SC.

Dale AA1QD

Four initial cluster commands are enabled (all except for packet cluster) . After closing SC and restarting, they are no longer enabled.

+ The defect responsible for "Initial cluster command enable" checkboxes not being properly saved between operating sessions has been corrected in the next version of SpotCollector.

73,

Dave, AA6YHQ

Dave / NR1DX

Dave

Would you then recommend that those of us who have not upgraded to SC 9.05 skip that upgrade and wait for the next release?

Dave

NR1DX

+ AA6YQ comments below

--
Dave Manuals@ArtekManuals.com www.ArtekManuals.com

Would you then recommend that those of us who have not upgraded to SC
9.05 skip that upgrade and wait for the next release?

+ If you're not in a rush for the other new capabilities provided in SpotCollector 9.0.5 - e.g. extended Pre-filtering - then there is no reason to upgrade to SpotCollector 9.0.5; if you do upgrade, you may have to manually connect to a spot source after starting SpotCollector - the root cause of which I am currently investigating.

CSM\(r\) Gary Huber - AB9M

In my situation, all spot sources are connected but the first slot is shown to be "unconnected" even though it is.
Slot 1. K7AR
Slot 2. F5MZN-3
Slot 3. K1TTT
Slot 4. JH1RFM
IRC     US.WorldIRC.Org

Computer is "homebrew" ASUS ROG B450-F with AMD RYZEN 5 2600, WIN 10 64 bit. and AMD Ryzen Master running in Creator mode.

DXLAB Suit is always loaded from a Workspace created with good working configuration after termination with launcher.

73,
Gary ~ AB9M