sat_mode for QSO via QO-100

suitbert@...

Edited

Hello,
just started logging my QSO via QO-100-satellite. Shouldn't there be a Sat_Mode "SX" in the drop-down-list?
How could I edit the list?
Thank for your help.
regards,
Bert

just started logging my QSO via QO-100-satellite. Shouldn't there be a Sat_Mode "SX" in the drop-down-list?

+ Please point me at a description of "SX" mode for satellites.

+ The available choices for "Satellite Mode" is not user-extensible.

Matthias Zwoch

Am 09.03.2021 um 15:47 schrieb suitbert@monz-online.de:
Hello,
just started logging my QSO via QO-100-satellite. Shouldn't there be a
Sat_Mode "SX" in the drop-down-list?
Thank for your help.
regards,
Bert
Hello Bert,

Have a look at the propagation section in the log.
For satellites the *propagation mode* is "SAT", in the satellite box you
may enter the satellite name and the communication mode of the sat as
"VU", "UV" etc. The mode field for QO-100 could contain "CW" or "SSB"
or perhaps FT8... And if you fill the tx freq / rx freq propersy it will
give a valid LOTW entry.

73 Matthias, DD7NT

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments belo

just started logging my QSO via QO-100-satellite. Shouldn't there be a Sat_Mode "SX" in the drop-down-list?

+ You can type any satellite mode you like into the mode selector in the Satellite sub-panel in the Propagation panel on the "Log QSOs" tab of DXKeeper's Main window.

suitbert@...

I have tried to type in the two letters "SX". But while typing, this will not work, because only one letter seems to be accepted.

73,
Bert, DF2PI

I have tried to type in the two letters "SX". But while typing, this will not work, because only one letter seems to be accepted.

+ As the result of a defect, the first letter you type is "selected", which means that the second letter you type overwrites the first letter. To work around this defect, type the first letter twice, e.g.

SSX

+ The defect is corrected in the next version of DXKeeper.

suitbert@...

OK, thanks, Dave. It seems to work, if I paste the two letters to the field (using strg-v).

Dave AA6YQ

* More AA6YQ comments below

I have tried to type in the two letters "SX". But while typing, this will not work, because only one letter seems to be accepted.

+ As the result of a defect, the first letter you type is "selected", which means that the second letter you type overwrites the first letter. To work around this defect, type the first letter twice, e.g.

SSX

+ The defect is corrected in the next version of DXKeeper.

*My mistake, this isn't a defect. The Satellite Mode" selector is populated with an S item. When you type the letter S into the selector, that S item is selected. If you want something other than the S item, type it. Since you want SX, type SX.

* This behavior occurs with all single-letter satellite modes: A, B, J, K, L, R, S, and T.