S-meter in Commander using TS2000

Knut Meland

Trying to help a friend using TS2000 with his new DXLab and Commander installation.
Commander seems to miss what rig is connected. I displays this in the header, saying "(Kenwood (model unknown)..."
I have searched for a solution in the reflector, but the messages are old and new versions of Commander might have changed things.
So is there an up to date solution?
73 de Knut LA9RY

Trying to help a friend using TS2000 with his new DXLab and Commander installation.
Commander seems to miss what rig is connected. I displays this in the header, saying "(Kenwood (model unknown)..."
I have searched for a solution in the reflector, but the messages are old and new versions of Commander might have changed things.
So is there an up to date solution?

+ When Commander starts up with the "Radio Model" set to Kenwood, it sends an ID; CAT command to the radio; the radio responds with a code indicating its model number. If Commander cannot communicate with the radio because the baud rate is incorrect or there are other configuration errors, then there will be no response to the ID; command.

+I just checked the current version of Commander with my TS-2000, and this is working correctly.

+ As a first step, I suggest reviewing the instructions in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/TranceiverControlKenwood

+ particularly 4.c.