Topics

Running two copies of DX LAB Keeper

Jim-K8JRK

My wife has joined the ranks, wisely seeing the station is finally working well.  As a new ham she wants to run just DX Keeper; she  will use my other apps when needed.  I don't run Commander,  so do you see any flaws in just opening a second copy of Keeper for her on the same station laptop?  Ultimately she'll  link to LOTW and Club Log from her copy .  Risks? Thoughts?   Thank you    JIM K8JRK

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 8:29 PM Jim-K8JRK <jamesnoland42@...> wrote:

My wife has joined the ranks, wisely seeing the station is finally working well. As a new ham she wants to run just DX Keeper; she will use my other apps when needed. I don't run Commander, so do you see any flaws in just opening a second copy of Keeper for her on the same station laptop? Ultimately she'll link to LOTW and Club Log from her copy . Risks? Thoughts? Thank you JIM K8JRK
The recommended solution is documented at:
http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/MultipleUsers

73,

~iain / N6ML

My wife has joined the ranks, wisely seeing the station is finally working well. As a new ham she wants to run just DX Keeper; she will use my other apps when needed. I don't run Commander, so do you see any flaws in just opening a second copy of Keeper for her on the same station laptop? Ultimately she'll link to LOTW and Club Log from her copy

+ You cannot run multiple instances of the same DXLab application on the same computer, but doing so is not necessary to accomplish your objective. See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/MultipleUsers>