From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of WALTDEWS@...
Sent: Saturday, October 24, 2020 16:56
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: [DXLab] RTTY Practice

Using DXLabs Suite and I would like to try my hand at some RTTY.  (Been doing PSK31 and FT8/FT4)  Old Navy radioman and cut my radio teeth on RTTY.  Is there a regular RTTY broadcast of some kind that I can go to for the purpose of practicing getting a signal "tuned in" to copy?  I have not have much luck tuning in an around 14.080 and I am not sure what the signal should look like on the waterfall.  Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Using DXLabs Suite and I would like to try my hand at some RTTY.  (Been doing PSK31 and FT8/FT4)  Old Navy radioman and cut my radio teeth on RTTY.  Is there a regular RTTY broadcast of some kind that I can go to for the purpose of practicing getting a signal "tuned in" to copy?  I have not have much luck tuning in an around 14.080 and I am not sure what the signal should look like on the waterfall.  Any help or suggestions appreciated
+ The annotated picture of WinWarbler's Main window in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/RTTY_Operation>

+ shows a RTTY signal in its waterfall display.

Pete Smith

Walt, the ARRL has daily bulletin service in RTTY from W1AW.  Check the ARRL web site for the schedule.  The Reverse Beacon Network also spots RTTY, but in my experience activity is pretty low outside contests

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 10/24/2020 12:55 PM, WALTDEWS@... wrote:

Using DXLabs Suite and I would like to try my hand at some RTTY.  (Been doing PSK31 and FT8/FT4)  Old Navy radioman and cut my radio teeth on RTTY.  Is there a regular RTTY broadcast of some kind that I can go to for the purpose of practicing getting a signal "tuned in" to copy?  I have not have much luck tuning in an around 14.080 and I am not sure what the signal should look like on the waterfall.  Any help or suggestions appreciated.

WALTDEWS@...

Thanks for your responses.  Will keep chipping away at it.

ND9G Mike

You may also want to join the RTTY reflector.

73,
Mike ND9G