From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave AA6YQ
Sent: Monday, December 23, 2019 4:24 PM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] Rsba1 and dxlab

+ AA6YQ comments below

I am installing rsba1, icom remote radio software, on my pc that runs dxlab ans is connected to my icom7300 through com3 via usb.
Can both software coexist without collision?

+ Two different applications cannot simultaneously control the same transceiver.

+ The only reliable way to do that is with an application the provides multiple applications with the ability to interact with a "virtual transceiver", and then keeps the actual transceiver in sync with that "virtual transceiver". That's how Commander's Secondary CAT Port works. Win4KSuite for Icom works this way as well. I don't know if Win4KSuite for Icom would enable both Commander and RSBA1 to simultaneously control your 7300. You could ask its author, Tom VA2FSQ.

ghassan chammas

Ok. So i should set up a virtual port and use win4k suite.
Can you elaborate a bit more on where the dxlab and rsba1 should be connected and how?

Regards and merry christmas
Ghassan
Od5ya

Sent from Samsung tablet.

I use WIN4K3Suite with com0com and can run 6 different programs into my K3S  My K3 goes into Tom's program as Com5 then I set up 6 pairs 8/9, 10/11, 12/13, 14/15, 16/17 and 18/19 in com0com.  For example WIN4K3Suite pair 8 is for DXBase and I set the com port in DXBase for com9.  That way I can run DXLab on pairs 10/11, N1MM on 12/13, DX4WIN on 14/15, ACLOG on 16/17 and WSJT-X on 18/19.  The reason for the various logging programs is I'm trying to get away from DXBase but I run all of them at the same time.  Friends think I'm nuts and maybe I am.  HI HI..  However so far DXLab is winning the race.  I've already deleted HRD, just not my type of program.

Ed.. AB4IQ

I am installing rsba1, icom remote radio software, on my pc that runs dxlab ans is connected to my icom7300 through com3 via usb.
Can both software coexist without collision?

+ Two different applications cannot simultaneously control the same transceiver.

+ The only reliable way to do that is with an application the provides multiple applications with the ability to interact with a "virtual transceiver", and then keeps the actual transceiver in sync with that "virtual transceiver". That's how Commander's Secondary CAT Port works. Win4KSuite for Icom works this way as well. I don't know if Win4KSuite for Icom would enable both Commander and RSBA1 to simultaneously control your 7300. You could ask its author, Tom VA2FSQ.

Ok. So i should set up a virtual port and use win4k suite.

+ No one here has yet reported that Win4IcomSuite will support RSBA1. It has been reported that Win4IcomSuite does not support the "CW speed" CAT command, which while likely not needed for RSBA1, indicates that Win4IcomSuite does not support all Icom CAT commands; perhaps there are one or more unsupported Icom CAT commands required by RSBA1. I suggest that you ask its author, Tom VA2FSQ.

Can you elaborate a bit more on where the dxlab and rsba1 should be connected and how?

+ I cannot, as I have never used RSBA. Perhaps another member of this community can answer your question. It'd be nice to place this information in a new "Getting Started with DXLab" article, if we can obtain it.