Topics

RRU - Almost had it right

n3rdv

I'm using WSJT-X/Jtalert and Dxkeeper.  I setup DXK for contest and put my state in TX#.  I experienced multiple carshes/lockups the entire weekend. Once I started up the apps again I thought DXK would keep the contest config settings.  At the end of the contest I see the first few contacts have the RX# and TX# correctly populated.  The remainder of the log are empty for RX#.  Before I completed the DXK log entry I would update the Rxinfo  to the signal report and state I received from Jtlaert's pop up window.  So -  Is there a way to populate the empty RX# field with the state from the Rxinfo field?

Contest RX#  _____            Rxinfo   549 TX    >>>>>>>>       Context RX#  TX        Rxinfo   549 TX

I fixed some other field issues after using the documentation but can't find anything on this. Thanks.

Mark N3RDV

I'm using WSJT-X/Jtalert and Dxkeeper.  I setup DXK for contest and put my state in TX#.  I experienced multiple carshes/lockups the entire weekend.

+ Which application(s) crashed or locked up? Is this new behavior, or has this always been the case?

Once I started up the apps again I thought DXK would keep the contest config settings.

+ If you terminate DXKeeper any other way than by clicking the X button in the upper-right corner of its Main window or by directing the Launcher to terminate DXKeeper, changes you made to settings will not be saved.

At the end of the contest I see the first few contacts have the RX# and TX# correctly populated.  The remainder of the log are empty for RX#.  Before I completed the DXK log entry I would update the Rxinfo  to the signal report and state I received from Jtlaert's pop up window.  So -  Is there a way to populate the empty RX# field with the state from the Rxinfo field?

+ The "Modify QSOs" panel (in the "Advanced Sorts, Filters, and Modifiers" window" would enable you to copy the entire contents of the Rxinfo item to the RX# item for a set of QSOs "en masse", but it cannot extract just the state abbreviation from the Rxinfo item.

n3rdv

On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 10:30 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ Which application(s) crashed or locked up? Is this new behavior, or has this always been the case
Sometimes it was WSJT-X.  I just had to restart it again.  Other times the whole system would lock up - mouse stops, etc.   Although I had some crashes/lockups from Field Day  nothing like this.

+ The "Modify QSOs" panel (in the "Advanced Sorts, Filters, and Modifiers" window" would enable you to copy the entire contents of the Rxinfo item to the RX# item for a set of QSOs "en masse", but it cannot extract just the state abbreviation from the Rxinfo item.

I understand  - either way I need to edit each record individually. Thanks for your reply.

Dave AA6YQ

* AA6YQ comments below

+ Which application(s) crashed or locked up? Is this new behavior, or has this always been the case

Sometimes it was WSJT-X. I just had to restart it again. Other times the whole system would lock up - mouse stops, etc. Although I had some crashes/lockups from Field Day nothing like this.

* That's not typical. I suggest that you review the Windows event logs to check for hardware or software failures during the contest. See the "Viewing Windows Event Logs" section of

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/WindowsTricks