Rotor control using ARCO with Orion

bill steffey NY9H

HI Dave,

Great to find a box marked ARCO.

Since it is controlling an ORION2800 , and previously was a Green Heron RT21 ( Hygain I think)..  I'm thinking I should check ARCO HIGAIN   ...then stick the arco IP address in the tcp host address box ???

wireless hahaha

bill

Great to find a box marked ARCO.

Since it is controlling an ORION2800 , and previously was a Green Heron RT21 ( Hygain I think)..  I'm thinking I should check ARCO HIGAIN

+ The OR2800 rotator controller does not use either the Hygain protocol or the Yaesu protocol.

...then stick the arco IP address in the tcp host address box ???
+ When controlling an ARCO via TCP, you must specify both the Host Address and the Port  in the ARCO panel on the Rotator tab of DXView's Configuration window.

bill steffey NY9H

i see i used hygain to talk to the rt21,,,,,,

thanks

On 8/9/2022 6:05 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below
Great to find a box marked ARCO.

Since it is controlling an ORION2800 , and previously was a Green Heron RT21 ( Hygain I think)..  I'm thinking I should check ARCO HIGAIN

+ The OR2800 rotator controller does not use either the Hygain protocol or the Yaesu protocol.

...then stick the arco IP address in the tcp host address box ???
+ When controlling an ARCO via TCP, you must specify both the Host Address and the Port  in the ARCO panel on the Rotator tab of DXView's Configuration window.

Joe Subich, W4TV

ARCO needs an IP address, Port and Control Protocol specified
on the Settings -> LAN tab.

If using IP, DXView Rotator Control tab needs the IP Address
and Port in the ARCO box and either Arco Hygain or Arco Yaesu
in the Model box. Hy-Gain/Yaesu should match the "Control
Protocol" specified in Arco's Setup -> LAN tab.